Old guard golfers still ruining some clubs

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I’m guessing on the days where there is no tee time bookings it’s just rock up and queue ?

Correct. .only there's no queue.

Its just that the old farts didn't want to book online and go back to pre covid "no tee bookings "just turn up and go out.

When busy, it's ball in chute! Sorry if folk misunderstood my original comment

sunshine

Visit site
Never forget playing a course with a society (won't name) hot day walking into the bar from outside I was litterally removing my hat and one of the members pulled me aside and said no caps inside.

Yeah I'm removing it for giggle

Did smile when I saw him in the paper few months later for racial abuse on the tube and kicked out his golf club . Twonk

South Herts?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It wasn’t that many years ago that one of my former clubs was offered, free of charge, a brand new full size snooker table. They had ample space for it in a rarely used dining room.

The committee turned in down because they felt it would attract “the wrong sort”. Because, of course, snooker is such a rowdy activity, isn’t it?

🙄

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It wasn’t that many years ago that one of my former clubs was offered, free of charge, a brand new full size snooker table. They had ample space for it in a rarely used dining room.

The committee turned in down because they felt it would attract “the wrong sort”. Because, of course, snooker is such a rowdy activity, isn’t it?

🙄
Its not that its rowdy as such, but is about the type that play it. They must have had concerns that they had let some members slip through the net into the club who would be the snooker sort and be able to play it, and having a snooker table would just highlight this.