Can anyone recommend any good golf societies (South East based but can travel)?

BearwoodLakesGolfer

Visit site
Hi All,

I currently am a member of a club in Berkshire and am enjoying playing. However I'm trying to venture out a bit and play some other nice courses in GB&I. One of my friends told me about IGC London and how they got to play some incredible courses at reasonable prices (when you include the dinners etc).
This got me thinking, could anyone recommend any other societies / groups that allow members of the public to play lovely courses?

Thank you!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not sure if it’s still going, but the social golfer might suit you.

I’ve looked at IGC and don’t think it’s overly good value

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Don't know of any societies, but golfempire is a great free site that lists opens at UK clubs. Singles and pairs events at some very good courses.
If you take out premium membership (https://www.golfempire.co.uk/members/upgrade.htm) you can also search by date, and it's a tenner for the year currently.
That said, if I was a member at Bearwood Lakes, I wouldn't want to play anywhere else! 😉

BearwoodLakesGolfer

Visit site
Appreciate the comments here - will take a look at those links. When I looked on IGC London some courses were similar prices to the guest green fees but had food included, others were slightly more!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
not sure on the level it would give you, but you could look at Thousand Greens. Am sure Bearwood Lakes would make you eligible to be a member and you can reach out to others for games

Genu9

Visit site
Hi All,

I currently am a member of a club in Berkshire and am enjoying playing. However I'm trying to venture out a bit and play some other nice courses in GB&I. One of my friends told me about IGC London and how they got to play some incredible courses at reasonable prices (when you include the dinners etc).
This got me thinking, could anyone recommend any other societies / groups that allow members of the public to play lovely courses?

Thank you!
Bearwood Lakes? Loved it when I was a member before moving North.
Anyway, go on Twitter (now X), and search 'golf society' you'll come up with a load of names.