what a weekend!!

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
what a contrast in weather this weekend.
We had a 2 day competition this weekend, golf very average (nett 80 yesterday, nett 82 today but came somewhere in the middle, so not too unhappy), Weather absolutely glorious yesterday, sunburnt (had sun cream on) :cool: and today got absolutely soaked :( and found out that my waterproof trousers aren't all that waterproof, in need of a new pair, though the way it lashed it down today I think wearing a drysuit may have been more appropriate ;) suprisingly though it is very mild temperature wise.
Now I'm lazing around enjoying a glass of wine in the dry. :D
Who else braved the elements and got soaked today?

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well done, you. Played yesterday - quite well until 11th which is currently my nadir after which I flopped completely.
Stayed in the dry today watching Wentworth and some tennis.
Hope I'm still allowed that glass of wine!

AliB

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played yesterday in very blustery conditions and hit the ball ok. Only a roll up so no pressure but was happy and confident before this mornings stableford.

Teed off at 8 in a heavy drizzle but really warm so was glad to have taken the sleeves off my waterproof jacket. Played as badly as the weather with a miserly 25 points. It was a case of one good hole and then two bad ones. Went out in 15 points and after a par at 10 (3 points) thought that maybe another 15 points would at least have me in contention for the 2nd round tomorrow.

A run of 0, 0, and 1 point from the 11th put paid to that and 3 off the tee at the last summed it up. My partners had 21 and 26 so at least I have bragging rights to play for tomorrow.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday against my better judgment as we had a buggy(having played Thurs evening at The Drift and Friday at West Hill) and my mates were one short.

Big mistake,course not at all to my liking (Surrey National) and I slipped on a bank. Twisted my knee (got no ACL) and spent last night awake with my trusty ice bag on. Subsequently missed todays medal and it looks like I will miss the Captain/Vice Captain match tomorrow!

Got to see the Golf and the GP tho.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I stood in a hole and fell on my ar$e looking for my sons ball. If I hadn't been carrying my bag I would have fallen in the lake. All he could do was laugh, he can look for his own ball in future :(

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks Barb,I will be fine. R.I.C.E. and Ibuprofen like smarties will get me mobile in no time and I was delighted not to be wet and cold!

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played weekly stapleford yeterday morning-just before we started it pelted down and stayed that way for the first 3 holes-weather improved and off came the raingear and the jumpers for the back nine. Golf mediocre.

Played today and could not believe the wind it was horrible-playing an individual society matchplay game was 4 down after 5 and playing the worse golf i've played this year. Some how i put a run together and won 5 holes in a row and finally won the match on the 17th.

golfer1

Medal Winner
Visit site
Played in our invitation today, struck the ball great, but i knew it was going to be a tough day, when i creamed a driver, on this 200yd par 3 and didn't make the green. Also hit driver on 2 of the 3 remaining par 3's. But the course was in great nick, and my guest really enjoyed the day, so result.