Extreme?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Afternoon fella's.....

Having a bit of lazy day today as i played yesterday in a 4BBB with me Daa and we came home after playing in wind and rain with 42 points off a 3/4 handicap of 12.....

Well chuffed considering the elements were not of the kind nature...

Anyhoo im just wondering does anyone on here playing wet weather with snow boarding gear....To be exact im after a good lined waterproof pants...Something that i will definitely be warm and dry in...

At the moment my suit of choice is a Sunnice Hurricane Carnegie top and pants...Both Gore Tex and great in the wet....
But the pants now is getting a little worn as i wear it every weekend but i wear my mountain bike leggings underneath it so id prefer to get my next pants lined instead....

This morning i took a trip into TK Max and came across some snow wear trousers which fit the bill but iv no idea how good they would be in the rain for 4 or 5 hours....

They don't have Gore Tex either which worries me slightly.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Kid, look up crag hopper lined waterproof combat type trousers, I have 7+ pairs of these in both summer and lined versions, usually £50 from retailers but can be gotten for half that on eBay/amazon. Comfy and fantastic in the cold weather.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Kid, look up crag hopper lined waterproof combat type trousers,

Tut tut tut ;)

Do ping not do a lined trouser which are waterproof(ish)? There must be a few more out there otherwise I claim 10% when you go global with them ;)

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Kid, look up crag hopper lined waterproof combat type trousers, I have 7+ pairs of these in both summer and lined versions, usually £50 from retailers but can be gotten for half that on eBay/amazon. Comfy and fantastic in the cold weather.

Good choice Brendy I used to do a bit of walking and craghoppers lined trousers now do me for winter golf as well

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
They are treated to be waterproof, I didn't feel wet after to be honest though my top half was as I only chose to wear a wind beater as the rain was soft but constant last week.
I would say That they wouldn't be just as effective as the likes of the Nike snow/golf out and out shell suit type trousers but look grand and have plenty of hidden pockets with zips etc behind the normal pockets to keep your coins separate from your markers and tees etc.
I only ever wear them now on the course as they are a better fit for me and my god like shape.

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
Kid2,
try the new mizuno rain trousers, the 5mm imperalite material is great, and you would get 3 season use.
As Brendy correctly states the Craghopper kit is great, I have the trousers for outdoor walking and they are great.
Alternatively go to a good outdoor shop and get some Low Alpine wet trousers, GG quality at a cheaper price.