Galvin Green jacket -- Fake or Real??

nyckuk

Visit site
Was looking on E-bay for A gore-tex jacket. It says its Condition is "Used" but hardly worn in perfect condition .
I stupidly made an offer of £70 without checking anything and they accepted within a few minutes.
Im now worried its a fake or the condition isnt as great as they are say although it looks ok codition wise
GG3.jpgGG2.jpgGG1.jpgGG.jpg

thanks nick

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks a great coat. If they had taken £30 I'd worry but the coat may be a few years old so £70 could be right.

Incidentally, I have a GG that is around 10-12 years old, looks immaculate still and would keep me dry under a waterfall. I've recently replaced it as it is a little stiff, old tech, but I will be keeping it for dog walking etc. They are jackets that don't seem to age.

nyckuk

Visit site
My main concern was the size label looks a bit basic and other jackets seem to Velcro tabs on the side/back for adjustment ( but not all do )

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
The fella has probably listed it multiple times and just happy enough for the money. As someone else pointed out give it a try when you get it make sure its still waterproof. The jackets can get punctured very easy.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a galvin green jacket last year from eBay ,rrp was over £300 and I won it for £107. It was new with tags and I had exactly the same doubts as you. I will never know if it’s fake or real but it’s a lovely jacket and 100% waterproof so can’t ask for any more.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
looks fine, trouble with GG is they tweek almost every garment style on each new release so unless you have one to compare most are dif from the prev or newer version

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
have you paid for it yet? If not, then you could just pull out. What's the seller's feedback like?

if it's on its way, then, if you are not happy with it when it arrives, open a dispute, saying you think it's a fake. ebay tend to come down on the buyer's side 9 times out of 10.

I agree the label looks pretty basic and not particularly well stitched. however I don't have any GG gear to compare it with.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
if it's on its way, then, if you are not happy with it when it arrives, open a dispute, saying you think it's a fake. ebay tend to come down on the buyer's side 9 times out of 10.

I agree the label looks pretty basic and not particularly well stitched...
This!
I don't believe you are able to declare it a fake without seeing/feeling it in-hand or by checking out the goretex features. It's not a design I've seen, but GG certainly change/have many styles.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
This is looking like the Scotty Cameron pages on Facebook!!

I've got two GGs in the cupboard... one has the Gortex "diamond shaped" logo in between GG and Made in China and some other waffle on the label. The other jacket has similar label on it, but has lots of words about Gortex embossed on the material. So that label isnt great, but that doesn't mean this isn't real, but doesn't confirm it either.

Send pics to GG might be an option... and the advice above is good!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
...I've got two GGs in the cupboard... one has the Gortex "diamond shaped" logo in between GG and Made in China and some other waffle on the label. The other jacket has similar label on it, but has lots of words about Gortex embossed on the material. So that label isnt great, but that doesn't mean this isn't real, but doesn't confirm it either.

Send pics to GG might be an option... and the advice above is good!
'We Never Compromise' is often on the label - but not always.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was looking on E-bay for A gore-tex jacket. It says its Condition is "Used" but hardly worn in perfect condition .
I stupidly made an offer of £70 without checking anything and they accepted within a few minutes.
Im now worried its a fake or the condition isnt as great as they are say although it looks ok codition wise
View attachment 33127View attachment 33128View attachment 33129View attachment 33130

thanks nick
i just checked the lable on mine, its the same and my jacket was a replacement direct from GG as the original one had a leak in one of the arms

mine also has the Gortex table on the side seam inside

Last edited:

nyckuk

Visit site
Ive paid now , so fingers crossed....
I'm probably more annoyed with myself for not trying a lower bid first ...If it is as advertised them £70 isnt to bad

ive got lots of Nikwax , but ill give it a try first to see how it holds up

thanks all

D

Deleted member 15344

Any GG jacket I have had that is Goretex has the Triangle on the label

That label doesn’t look right to me