What a wonderful weekend!!!!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Back to the grind this morning after an unbelievable weekend at Loch Lomond courtesy of the V.I.P. tickets I won through GM courtesy of Ballantines.

We drove up to LL on Friday afternoon and found our campsite at nearby Luss and got a pitch right on the bonnie banks.Once we were set up we went for a wander in the glorious sunshine then into the adjacent hotel for an ale or 3. Sitting next to me was the likes of Ken Brown,Jose Maria Olazabal,Thomas Levet and a whole group of French Pros,Ken Ferrie etc etc......my neck was on a crane and my lugs were flapping like Dumbo!

After a good nights kip we were off early to the golf and arrived at 8.00 and I went off to find the tent that we would get breakfast in.....after doing some asking I was told that we were dining in Rossdhu House....Rossdhu bloody House no less!!
I don't think I spoke a word to my Girlfriend over breakfast we were both in so much awe of the place!
Anyway after getting over our nervousness of being in such a surrounding we had a bloody fine breakfast,anything could be had from Bacon,Sausage Baps to fresh fruit,youghurts,coffee,tea,freshly squeezed OJ,croissants etc etc.

We then watched some golf out on the course,I really enjoyed watching the 9th where 95% of the field were going for the green so it was great to watch these guys wind it up...not many peashooters amongst them!

Around 2.00 we decided to head for lunch which was served in the suites overlooking the 18th Green.A 4 courser was had with wine then we sat back and relaxed watching all the players come up 18 with a Pimms or 4 in hand!

At the end of play Afternoon tea was served with various Sandwiches(with the crusts cut off naturally) and cakes again washed down with the drink of your choice!
We left the course around 7pm safe in the knowledge it all had to be done tomorrow!!

Sunday was a day of the same,living like a Lord and meeting such people as Peter Allis,Walter Smith and Neil Lennon to name a few....

The tickets covered Thursday and Friday too but as I could not make these days a couple of friends fathers took them and on Thursday my pals Dad I.G. was treated to a clinic with Greame McDowell for an hour on the range......he said the guy was superb and I.G. after years in the doldrums is now ready to take on all comers as Gmac has transformed his game! :D

All in it was an unbeleivable experiance an one I may not be lucky enough to have again.I will never forget what a superb weekend we had and I would like to say that Ballantines and the Loch Lomond staff looked after us and fed and watered us like Lords!Loch Lomond is a magical place but to get the weather like we did and to be looked after the way we were just added to the magic of the place.

Finnally thanks to GM for making it available....I am unsure how I am ever going to cope going to my next tournament as a pauper so when tickets come up for the Open next year GM please be aware I am ready and willing!!

Yours, Lord Dodger. ;)