What’s your flatstick of choice? ⛳️

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I have three but only because i had to go through the first two before finding the right one

A cheap n cheerful Golden Bear milled anser style then a Taylormade smoke insert (also anser style)

And then found the one for me:
082109_method_1.jpg

Wouldn't part with it for twice the purchase price

D

Deleted member 3432

It will be interesting to see if Taylormade get round to bring out a range of c groove putters since they own the patent.

Yes Donna in my bag, rolls it miles better than any of the modern inserts that are so soft feeling they remove my ability to judge pace.

Back up is a Callie that just needs tweaked a touch more upright by my pro to be a contender to become the starting putter.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It is normal to build up a collection of putters, right? I love my old Wilson TPA XVIII putter and Odyssey centre shaft 2 ball but there’s a new (old) kid in town and well it just feels great. I think it’s from circa 2010 - does anyone know for sure? It’s very clean, has the original 33” Art of Putting shaft and head cover. It had a non SC grip on when I got it but I’ve put a Matador on as I prefer a thicker grip. Looking forward to getting out with it ⛳️ What’s in your bag? Or your favourite putter?
Don't think it's as common as you might think. I'm thinking that this is rather limited by cash available to chuck at golf clubs - plus how you perceive a putter.

I've got two putters. The Titleist Bulls Eye I bought in 1985/86 and the Odyssey White Hot Pro #2 centre shaft that I bought maybe 6 yrs ago and that I continue to use today.

And even although from time-to-time my Odyssey doesn't work quite as well as I'd want- I simply persevere because I consider a putter as being a simple extension of my arms and if I sort my grip and address out then the putter that I am holding shouldn't have much of a say. That said, I moved from my Bullseye to my Odyssey because my ability to hit the sweet spot got ever more variable as time went on (I'm thinking it's an age thing) - and the Odyssey gives me a bigger sweet spot. :)

But I never think about going back to my Bullseye - as lovely as it is. It was my best friend - we stuck together through thick and thin for nearly 30yrs. It has earned it's retirement - though we do very occasionally go out for a little walk together.

[EDIT] Just happened on my copy of Golf Monthly from September 1988 - and the a Bulls Eye would set me back £23. Cheap compered with a Ping Anser at £35 and a Ping Zero at £43 :)

Last edited: