What’s your flatstick of choice? ⛳️

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've got a lot of putters, half a dozen of my favourites below.

Left to right:
"It-Sits"
Spalding W Model
Gradidge
John Letters "Special"
Greenway
Goudie SS300

1612354869304.png1612354999387.png

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recently picked up a custom TM Spider X and it’s going straight into the bag.

Dislodging an evnroll ER2B, which had dislodged a custom Edel putter.

The Spider just feels mega and rolling it on the PuttOUT mat just feels mega easy. Roll on courses opening again

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recently picked up a custom TM Spider X and it’s going straight into the bag.

Dislodging an evnroll ER2B, which had dislodged a custom Edel putter.

The Spider just feels mega and rolling it on the PuttOUT mat just feels mega easy. Roll on courses opening again

Nice looking putter that spider, out of interest what was the reason for not sticking with the evnroll mate?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice looking putter that spider, out of interest what was the reason for not sticking with the evnroll mate?

i’m a serial changer. Have always liked using a mallet and love the spider shape so lockdown boredom saw me find the ability to custom colour a Spider X (as wasn’t a fan of the copper, blue or white). Got delivered this week and it’s blown me away

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i’m a serial changer. Have always liked using a mallet and love the spider shape so lockdown boredom saw me find the ability to custom colour a Spider X (as wasn’t a fan of the copper, blue or white). Got delivered this week and it’s blown me away

Cheers mate, I'm toying between the evnroll and spider at the moment. ????

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I'm a fan of slightly asymmetric mid sized mallets.

My all time favourite was a Gauge Design (Japan not the US Dave Whitlam version) Tera. I used to have three of them....in fact I'm pretty sure I had the only 3 in the country. One I sold, the other got stolen out of my bag. The other one I had for over 15 years....it wasn't permanently in my bag, but as I won our Club Championship with it some 10 years ago there was always a small corner of my heart reserved for it. Then, one fine summers day last year, I was practising with a couple of putters at the club....was loading up the car when someone came over to chat...distracted by the conversation I shut the boot and drove home.

At about 70mph on the A12 a car drew alongside me and the passenger was gesticulating at me and winding down the window, above the roar of the road and wind noise, I heard him say....."there's a putter on your roof"!!! I instantly realised what had happened....found a place to pull over, praying that the remaining putter was the Tera....but alas no it was a shitty Spider X that I'd been experimenting with (that I could do nothing but push to the right) that had got lodged against the roof rack that was on the car. I did turn around immediately, retrace my journey back to the club and then back home again seeing if I could spot the club anywhere but nothing could be seen. Plenty of places it could have fallen off before i got to the A12 as my club lies down twisty county lanes...its either lying rusting in a hedgerow or some dog walker has found it and not thought that it might belong to someone at the golf club just up the road.

So now I play a Scotty Special Select Flowback.

Images of a Tera (not mine)...

View attachment 34838View attachment 34839
That is a beautiful putter and also a very sad story, however

When I saw first saw the title of this thread I thought it was "What is your flagstick of choice" and couldn't believe it had 27 replies. I only looked in to see how a discussion on flag sticks could be so protracted.

Boomy

Visit site
That is a beautiful putter and also a very sad story, however

When I saw first saw the title of this thread I thought it was "What is your flagstick of choice" and couldn't believe it had 27 replies. I only looked in to see how a discussion on flag sticks could be so protracted.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You're not a closet flagstick spotter then?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
There are some quality old flat sticks in there! Cheers for sharing. Do you still use them out on the course? Or just collect them?

Try and use them all at least once a year, five of the six shown are also favourites for play so they might get a few extra outings. :)
I generally change the full bag, including putter, once a week.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got a Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 in the bag

An Odyssey 2 Ball in the garage

Thinking of getting a scotty as I've never owned one.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I build up a collection simply because I know I will not get what the are really worth on ebay because I choose some of less well known brands.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At about 70mph on the A12 a car drew alongside me and the passenger was gesticulating at me and winding down the window, above the roar of the road and wind noise, I heard him say....."there's a putter on your roof"!!! I instantly realised what had happened....found a place to pull over, praying that the remaining putter was the Tera....but alas no it was a shitty Spider X that I'd been experimenting with (that I could do nothing but push to the right) that had got lodged against the roof rack that was on the car. I did turn around immediately, retrace my journey back to the club and then back home again seeing if I could spot the club anywhere but nothing could be seen. Plenty of places it could have fallen off before i got to the A12 as my club lies down twisty county lanes...its either lying rusting in a hedgerow or some dog walker has found it and not thought that it might belong to someone at the golf club just up the road.

That story reminds of driving all the way to Barnstaple to pick a set of up a set of clubs. I stopped off at Taunton Deane services on the way home and could not resist have a little play with one them in the car park. First time I took them out on a course I realised I had left the club in the car park.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m enjoying putting with this on the carpet, whether it makes it out on the course is another matter..
6B714358-C788-48F1-8804-74A073572F3D.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A623C5D-5250-4BDF-AA05-2BB5163277DF.jpeg
    5A623C5D-5250-4BDF-AA05-2BB5163277DF.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 0

Rangers76

Visit site
Dunno whether I'm a total one off but I've used the same putter for well over 20 years, taylor made triangle back malet. Perhaps it runs in the family, my dad (single figure 50 years) used a golden goose for 40 years !!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Limited edition David Whitlam (not Gauge). Almost parted ways with it but it came back to me, and have been falling for its charms ever since. Cut to 32” and a Tour SNR flat paddle grip.

8BA4BBB3-433C-4C6D-BBF5-8BFFCC0F2AEE.jpeg

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes Tiffany, after a few years mucking about with rubbish ones. She seems to like me, although to be fair Sandy is still waiting in the wings for any signs of doubt.

Boomy

Visit site
Yes Tiffany, after a few years mucking about with rubbish ones. She seems to like me, although to be fair Sandy is still waiting in the wings for any signs of doubt.

Next level stuff here... you have names for them? ? I like this idea!

peld

Visit site
5th time lucky (for now). Bettinardi BB39. Changed my putting grip too (to low left hand) and have never putted better for the last few weeks