What’s your flatstick of choice? ⛳️

Boomy

Visit site
It is normal to build up a collection of putters, right? I love my old Wilson TPA XVIII putter and Odyssey centre shaft 2 ball but there’s a new (old) kid in town and well it just feels great. I think it’s from circa 2010 - does anyone know for sure? It’s very clean, has the original 33” Art of Putting shaft and head cover. It had a non SC grip on when I got it but I’ve put a Matador on as I prefer a thicker grip. Looking forward to getting out with it ⛳️ What’s in your bag? Or your favourite putter?

Attachments

• 63EB38C3-BD2C-4A48-AF12-06370AAC707A.jpeg
    63EB38C3-BD2C-4A48-AF12-06370AAC707A.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 13

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When I fall out with a putter I have to get shot of it.
The only putter I have is the one in the bag
An Odyssey White Hot Tour 7H
There's 2 sizes of the #7 head and this is the bigger one
Satin gold head with a slightly firmer White Hot insert
Historically I've not really got on with inserts, always preferred a milled face but this one feels good.
And I have to say that the only putter that could conceivably challenge it is the new MCraft 6 from Mizuno...
But I, probably, sink more than my fair share of footage with the WHT7 so I don't think it'll be dislodged for a while.

D

Deleted member 15344

TM Spider X

Also have a Scotty Newport on the days I feel a change

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have an Odyssey Works Versa Tank #1W that I've been using for four years since I did a fitting for it. Still really like it so not desperate to change. (Although I'm often tempted to get an EvnRoll.. not just yet though.) I don't own any others. I think people who keep changing putters are silly, surely it's better to get so used to one putter that it feels like an extension of your own arm? Rather than having to adjust every few rounds.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I had a TM Spider putter for a couple of years but felt that I could not get to the cup with it. I bought a heavier Evnroll ER6 just before the recent lockdown and in the only 2 rounds with it i haven't more than 2 putted so far, in fact, the first 3 holes with it i managed one putts for all of them although they were all 12 foot and in

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is normal to build up a collection of putters, right? I love my old Wilson TPA XVIII putter and Odyssey centre shaft 2 ball but there’s a new (old) kid in town and well it just feels great. I think it’s from circa 2010 - does anyone know for sure? It’s very clean, has the original 33” Art of Putting shaft and head cover. It had a non SC grip on when I got it but I’ve put a Matador on as I prefer a thicker grip. Looking forward to getting out with it ⛳️ What’s in your bag? Or your favourite putter?
Got the same collection, scotty in the garage not used but loved.
First rule never sell a putter ... I regret selling some!

Boomy

Visit site
Got the same collection, scotty in the garage not used but loved.
First rule never sell a putter ... I regret selling some!

Totally with you on that. When I stopped playing a few years ago I sold my beloved TPAXVIII... as soon as I started back I tracked one down - it’s not my beloved original which I’d had from new but it’s the nearest I’ll get. Now I won’t sell any.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
All that’s in the bag is an Ardmore 2 TP, I think a double wide flow stroke lab will be in the bag soon.

I only like to keep two, anything more adds confusion

Boomy

Visit site
I have an Odyssey Works Versa Tank #1W that I've been using for four years since I did a fitting for it. Still really like it so not desperate to change. (Although I'm often tempted to get an EvnRoll.. not just yet though.) I don't own any others. I think people who keep changing putters are silly, surely it's better to get so used to one putter that it feels like an extension of your own arm? Rather than having to adjust every few rounds.

A valid point.... I think you definitely have to spend time getting used to a putter, so people who change them every couple of weeks aren't doing the right thing and giving a chance to get familiar with them. But you could look at it an other way... wouldn't it be nice to be able to pick up any putter and be confident with it? I can't speak for the Scotty yet as I've just got it but i know confidently I could take either the Wilson or the Odyssey out and be fine. I tend to favour the Odyssey on slower greens and prefer the Wilson on faster greens.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Always used an Anser style putter and having been pretty reasonable on the greens I've never been tempted to change. Dabbling would mess with my head.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Currently using a Counterbalance Cleveland Elevado TFI 2135. The feel off the face is unreal, so much nicer than a Scotty in my opinion, I have had 4 Scotty's in my time and none of them lasted long, just felt dead off the face to me for some reason. I love counterbalance putters and the best I ever had was a Taylormade spider mallet 35" counterbalance that I sold and will always regret. The Cleveland does run it close though.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Odyssey O-Works #7

Had it for xmas, much prefer a mallet to a blade, love the sound/ feel off the insert - much steadier roll than my very old "Hotblade" putter!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm a fan of slightly asymmetric mid sized mallets.

My all time favourite was a Gauge Design (Japan not the US Dave Whitlam version) Tera. I used to have three of them....in fact I'm pretty sure I had the only 3 in the country. One I sold, the other got stolen out of my bag. The other one I had for over 15 years....it wasn't permanently in my bag, but as I won our Club Championship with it some 10 years ago there was always a small corner of my heart reserved for it. Then, one fine summers day last year, I was practising with a couple of putters at the club....was loading up the car when someone came over to chat...distracted by the conversation I shut the boot and drove home.

At about 70mph on the A12 a car drew alongside me and the passenger was gesticulating at me and winding down the window, above the roar of the road and wind noise, I heard him say....."there's a putter on your roof"!!! I instantly realised what had happened....found a place to pull over, praying that the remaining putter was the Tera....but alas no it was a shitty Spider X that I'd been experimenting with (that I could do nothing but push to the right) that had got lodged against the roof rack that was on the car. I did turn around immediately, retrace my journey back to the club and then back home again seeing if I could spot the club anywhere but nothing could be seen. Plenty of places it could have fallen off before i got to the A12 as my club lies down twisty county lanes...its either lying rusting in a hedgerow or some dog walker has found it and not thought that it might belong to someone at the golf club just up the road.

So now I play a Scotty Special Select Flowback.

Images of a Tera (not mine)...

tera1.jpgtera2.jpg

Boomy

Visit site
I'm a fan of slightly asymmetric mid sized mallets.

My all time favourite was a Gauge Design (Japan not the US Dave Whitlam version) Tera. I used to have three of them....in fact I'm pretty sure I had the only 3 in the country. One I sold, the other got stolen out of my bag. The other one I had for over 15 years....it wasn't permanently in my bag, but as I won our Club Championship with it some 10 years ago there was always a small corner of my heart reserved for it. Then, one fine summers day last year, I was practising with a couple of putters at the club....was loading up the car when someone came over to chat...distracted by the conversation I shut the boot and drove home.

At about 70mph on the A12 a car drew alongside me and the passenger was gesticulating at me and winding down the window, above the roar of the road and wind noise, I heard him say....."there's a putter on your roof"!!! I instantly realised what had happened....found a place to pull over, praying that the remaining putter was the Tera....but alas no it was a shitty Spider X that I'd been experimenting with (that I could do nothing but push to the right) that had got lodged against the roof rack that was on the car. I did turn around immediately, retrace my journey back to the club and then back home again seeing if I could spot the club anywhere but nothing could be seen. Plenty of places it could have fallen off before i got to the A12 as my club lies down twisty county lanes...its either lying rusting in a hedgerow or some dog walker has found it and not thought that it might belong to someone at the golf club just up the road.

So now I play a Scotty Special Select Flowback.

Images of a Tera (not mine)...

View attachment 34838View attachment 34839

Oh heck :oops: I think I would have had search parties out on the route I'd taken! It's a great looking putter too, similar footprint to the Scott Red X of old looking down from the top.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Oh heck :oops: I think I would have had search parties out on the route I'd taken! It's a great looking putter too, similar footprint to the Scott Red X of old looking down from the top.

Yes I had a Red X for a while....sent the head off to the US for refinishing by a putter refurb company....did it in a gorgeous satin gold colour with the wording and sight lines in crimson. Then sent it off to Titleist in the UK to have a shaft fitted and when I got it back I found that it had been dropped on a hard rough surface and scratched!! :mad: