WGHS : BUGS AND DESIGN ISSUES

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So why not make it easier with a simple sort facility to group and see your best eight differentials and the remainder in ascending order? Sorting isn't difficult. For example , albeit totally different, a simple table of handicaps is displayed alphabetically or by Handicap Order or Category or other combinations. It is just providing a flexible and useful IT tool.

Maybe something like this would be better requested with your clubs ISV.

E.G with Intelligent golf there is a whole range of graphs and data you can view relative to your own scores

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The table and graphs of the last twenty scores and Handicap Indexes do not include the final and current value. Why is that? Their absence is confusing and very strange imho. That the graphs are not currently correct makes it even more confusing.

I would refer you to my original reply. The original uploads were done at the end of September all data for October is yet to be fully uploaded and will be done by ISVs in time for the full switch over on November 2nd .

So it really is worth waiting until then to see if all the information is there.

Mozza14

Visit site
I would refer you to my original reply. The original uploads were done at the end of September all data for October is yet to be fully uploaded and will be done by ISVs in time for the full switch over on November 2nd .

So it really is worth waiting until then to see if all the information is there.

I am sorry but you are missing the point. It is nothing to do with missing data. It is the design of the scores table. Each line entry uses a Handicap Index resulting from the previous round. i.e. the HI you had at the time of the round. That means that the calculation of the final /current Index is not displayed against the score from which it resulted.

Please have a look at your own record and you will clearly see the point.

It would be much better if the table of HI's related to the score that created it.

It also means the graphs are not showing the final /current Index.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
These things aren't really bugs, but aspects of how they choose to present the data which are open to question. I'd personally like to see the gross differential shown in the list of scores - it would be more useful than a simple gross score.

One actual bug I've seen is when an individual's data is uploaded from IG, the date of birth ends up one day out. Doesn't happen with a bulk upload. Whether the bug is at the IG end or at England Golf's end I couldn't say.

It's not an IG bug, I have had random instances of the 1 day out with Handicapmaster.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am sorry but you are missing the point. It is nothing to do with missing data. It is the design of the scores table. Each line entry uses a Handicap Index resulting from the previous round. i.e. the HI you had at the time of the round. That means that the calculation of the final /current Index is not displayed against the score from which it resulted.

Please have a look at your own record and you will clearly see the point.

It would be much better if the table of HI's related to the score that created it.

It also means the graphs are not showing the final /current Index.

You said

Mozza14 said:
The table and graphs of the last twenty scores and Handicap Indexes do not include the final and current value. Why is that? Their absence is confusing and very strange imho. That the graphs are not currently correct makes it even more confusing.

I was merely relying to that point only.

You have to remember that at the moment scores are still be transferred in UHS format.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The comments back so far have not debated the merits of each of these small issues raised but largely tried to dismiss or ignore them as not being within the scope or interest to the ordinary Club Golfer.
Personally, I haven't made any comments on the specific information or facilities you have mentioned. I wouldn't gainsay any of it, the more the better IMO.
However, I suspect that either the ISVs will be expected to satisfy the demand or the DotGolf/England Golf will get round to it when there is enough demand from players/clubs.

Mozza14

Visit site
Personally, I haven't made any comments on the specific information or facilities you have mentioned. I wouldn't gainsay any of it, the more the better IMO.
However, I suspect that either the ISVs will be expected to satisfy the demand or the DotGolf/England Golf will get round to it when there is enough demand from players/clubs.

The ISV's will interface and build upon the base data that is being collected and will certainly develop their Apps to add value to their products. Maybe, or maybe not they will address some of my points made. Overall, I like the system and the output England Golf have provided.

However, I was simply trying to provide a feedback thread on the output produced so far. After all, this is what England Golf have championed and their product is the only thing we have so far.

I think the idea of the sort facility has become the dominant feature when I think the other basic things I have mentioned are far more important. They are issues for England Golf. I know Jim8flog has tried to helpful and appreciate that and perhaps I haven't explained the points well enough, but the Handicap Index that the system shows is one figure only displayed on the ' My Overview' screen. It appears nowhere else and that is strange. Not in the score table or as the last plotted point on the graphs.

As Users get into the system and start to understand it ,I am sure other issues will be raised which was the intention of the thread.