WGC Mexico

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

I’m sure they mentioned a sell out crowd for all four days?
Maybe there is stands only ? Anytime they showed the stands they seemed full but there didn’t seem to be any behind the ropes along the fairways ?

I'd have thought there would have been a good turn out of Mexicans, even just to hurl abuse at Kuch!

;)

They showed him a few times and could hear the “Kuuuuuch” 😬

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Sound / crowd noise seems to be intermittent / badly edited? Sometimes a shot is played, you'd expect some crowd reaction but there's none, then a few seconds later it comes like the producer has just turned on the volume.

15% (general approximation) adjustment for shots - so 305 yards plays like 260. Still a great shot.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really enjoying this event. Love the layout of the course, tree lined parkland course a lot like we have here in the UK.

Don't mind the fact the crowds are a bit quiet, rather have that than having 'Get in the hole' or 'Mash potato' shouted after every shot.

Anyone see JT drive the green on 12 to about 6 feet, only 415 yards. DJ sprayed his right almost OB, chips under the trees, runs it through the bunker and onto the green and then one putts for Birdy. JT then 3 stabs for par. Funny old game.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the replay on in the background and whilst not paying a great deal of attention I have heard must be half a dozen times what a great comeback Tiger has made after his double bogey start, he is currently languishing near the bottom of the 3rd page on the leaderboard but still the commentators persist in their sycophancy towards him, I would like to see some other players shown/mentioned, especially the English players as Tow Lewis from my club is playing.

Personally I am indifferent to Tiger Woods but I do detest Sky's commentary which seems to have a requirement that he is promoted in every commentary whether he is playing or not, it does often lead me to vote with my finger on the off button !!

D

Deleted member 15344

In fairness to Woods he looked suitably embarrassed by the first tee and it affected his tee shot and then he did play well but he just can’t keep up with the big bombers and he looked again really tired towards the end - looking at him at the moment I think last year could his swan song .

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
In fairness to Woods he looked suitably embarrassed by the first tee and it affected his tee shot and then he did play well but he just can’t keep up with the big bombers and he looked again really tired towards the end - looking at him at the moment I think last year could his swan song .
Now then Phil. You know you're gonna get pelters for that comment... It's almost like you want the reaction.......

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don’t know why, but it makes my skin crawl when Mcginley says “Baby fade”!! Hate it!! First world problems eh 😂

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I think that’s spot on in regards to the power play. He seems to start with driver and then accept he needs to dial back and generally improve.

Not sure he will retire though as he still hits in long enough to compete, if he simply adjusts his mentality. He still hits as many good iron shots as any one to be a threat imo.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've just noticed (or totally missed him when I quickly checked the scores online) that Justin Rose isn't playing this week.

Anybody ken why?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Now then Phil. You know you're gonna get pelters for that comment... It's almost like you want the reaction.......

Phil wanting a reaction 😱😱

And then we’ll get the old “Blimey look at everyone playing the poster”
🙄

D

Deleted member 3432

I've just noticed (or totally missed him when I quickly checked the scores online) that Justin Rose isn't playing this week.

Anybody ken why?

Micky mouse event, glorified invitational with a small field.