WGC Mexico 2018

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Do they always play in threes on the last day?

Great start by Rafa. Interested to see how Hatton does, as well as the young overnight leader.

D

Deleted member 16999

As there is no cut then yes they stay in 3’s for all 4 days, (I believe it’s standard for WGC events)
I’ve really enjoyed it this year, great start by “Cameron” Paisley then followed up by Hatton, Garcia and Rafa all in with a shout.
Being at altitude some of the shots have been scary long, but the execution of said shots is mostly brilliant.
Phil Mick is possibly getting close to being back to his best.
Great viewing :thup:

lgran1sc

Visit site
its been an interesting tournament so far, I had small bets on Hatton and Sharma at the start - hoping Sharma can get something going but feel he could get swallowed up by all the experienced players on the march.

Phil has looked really good.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
awful luck for Hatton. Ball gets stuck up right next to a tree.

Phil hit the same tee shot and his ball bounces off a tree back onto first cut...

Got to be a bit lucky to wins these

BubbaP

Visit site
Yep, and swashbuckling stuff from Phil today.

A :thup: to the greenkeepers also, really bright visible holes which aids t.v. viewing.

D

Deleted member 15344

Is it me or does the who Comp seem really flat ?

There just seems a total lack of atmosphere at the course , no real fireworks going on , the course doesn’t look anything to write home about and just feels really weird watching it - no excitement at all.

Certainly doesn’t have a Wgc appeal - it’s like one of those chinese events where no one watches

BubbaP

Visit site
LP, agree the galleries do not seem massive. But I am enjoying the style of the course in that it doesn't seem the stock 'bomb n putt' that can be the feeling on some PGA tour stops.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hatton=overly petulant I think. Hope Phil brings it home but hell of a round from JT. Great example of compelling TV sport.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it me or does the who Comp seem really flat ?

There just seems a total lack of atmosphere at the course , no real fireworks going on , the course doesn’t look anything to write home about and just feels really weird watching it - no excitement at all.

Certainly doesn’t have a Wgc appeal - it’s like one of those chinese events where no one watches

Fans applaud when required makes a change from the usual gash hollering from a regular PGA event.

Course looks fantastic, as already stated, not suiting the bombers with lots of irons being played. I'd jump at a round.