WGC Mexico 2018

D

Deleted member 16999

Great finish, pleased for Mickleson, he’s played some great golf over the last 4 days.
Great experience for Hatton, superb eagle on 16 to give himself a chance.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very harsh considering his final round.

Damn fine player.

Worry about his temperament though. I hope his sour demeanour is because he just wants to do well.

He seems too ready to be convinced that that world is against him though, which has me worried.

On 18 he was whinging about the fringe being different to the other 17 holes. Might be better accepting it and moving on.

Guess it's part of the physical/mental journey that golf takes us on.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
And this is why I don't rate Hatton for the RC, when it really matters, he is found wanting.

Are you kidding, he’s just come J3 in a WGC and he has had well documented stomach problems (the white trousers survived)
Great eagle on the 16th showed fantastic spirit.

The boy done good

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had £5 on Hatton and £5 on Phil.

Thought Hatton was going to do it, poor approach shot into the 18th let him down.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Awesome final day that, course is perfectly set-up for exciting golf down the stretch and this tournament couldn't have been more exciting. Shame Sharma couldn't finish the job on Sunday but happy for Lefty has been close to wins a few times so good to see him back in the win column.

The majors this year are hotting up, they're going to be so competitive. DJ, JT, Rory, Day, Spieth, Rahm, Garcia, Fowler, Matsuyama, Rose, Fleetwood, then we have Bubba and Phil back in the win column, Tiger back and playing some decent stuff, the majors this year are going to be awesome.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Definitely hope the PGA tour see the excitement from this week and try to introduce a few more tricky venues that aren't just bombers courses.

It's tough for the events as they are trying to get guys to play their tournament and the players don't always want to be playing tough courses every week, or even courses that don't suit them that much. But there is certainly a happy medium that often the tour events don't get close to.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Awesome final day that, course is perfectly set-up for exciting golf down the stretch and this tournament couldn't have been more exciting. Shame Sharma couldn't finish the job on Sunday but happy for Lefty has been close to wins a few times so good to see him back in the win column.

The majors this year are hotting up, they're going to be so competitive. DJ, JT, Rory, Day, Spieth, Rahm, Garcia, Fowler, Matsuyama, Rose, Fleetwood, then we have Bubba and Phil back in the win column, Tiger back and playing some decent stuff, the majors this year are going to be awesome.

Not sure whether Matsuyama will be fit. According to Mrs Wedge, news stories in Japan have been reporting a pretty bleak outlook for him, even suggesting possible retirement from the game. Haven't seen the reports myself, and nothing in any English news, hopefully they are wrong and he will come back stronger.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Are you kidding, he’s just come J3 in a WGC and he has had well documented stomach problems (the white trousers survived)
Great eagle on the 16th showed fantastic spirit.

The boy done good

Young Hatton does seem to split opinion with his on course antics. I like the intensity and there have been serial moaners through the years who've managed to make a decent living (Seve, Monty etc). I agree his moan at 18 was poorly timed and that was a time to be accepting and find the best outcome he could rather than play the shot, see the outcome and blame the grass.

Great to see Lefty win and I really enjoyed the event. The venue asked some questions and also gave chances. It's a set up that should be repeated more often but no doubt we're be back to the same courses and set up that makes power king. No wonder Nicklaus is still so vocal on reducing the ball distances

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The ball taking a huge jump on the on the 18th green must have been really hard to take. I can forgive him spitting the dummy out over that.

I am not a fan of his constant huffing though. Reminds me of my nephew when he was younger. It does not help his game in the slightest.

Steve Bamford

Head Pro
www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk
Absolute delight to see Phil win after that huge gap. I read and listened to many comments saying that he was washed-up. Clearly not true and I wonder if that has come about with the return of a healthy Tiger Woods. Phil now reckons 50 career PGA Tour wins will be something he achieves. A great tournament all-around - glad they moved it to Mexico, which is an intriguing classical course.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Absolute delight to see Phil win after that huge gap. I read and listened to many comments saying that he was washed-up. Clearly not true and I wonder if that has come about with the return of a healthy Tiger Woods. Phil now reckons 50 career PGA Tour wins will be something he achieves. A great tournament all-around - glad they moved it to Mexico, which is an intriguing classical course.

Agree with this, the course was very fair and a leveller for all. The player with the best short game over the 4 days won and the player with the best tee to green stats wasn't far behind either. Bubba was right up there and so was Brian Harman. You can't get a fairer test of golf than that.