WGC Matchplay

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18588

I really enjoy this tournament. Would like to see more matchplay in top professional golf.

Agree with you on this.

Trouble is that the great Gods that are the TV companies don't like it due to its unpredictability. Matches can finish out in the country and there could be two lesser known players in the final.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Speith and Charl up the 1st like a couple of hackers. Luke List busted his putter and putting with a wedge. If I didn't know better I'd say I was watching a local board comp :)

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It was a joke about a particularly poor passage of play just as I switched it on. They of course turned on the style after. Good showing by the European contingent so far (Rory has a bit of work to do)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quite a few tour pro's have lasers clipped to their back. They probably use them in practice rounds to get yardages but imagine they're mainly there as an advertising thing.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
watched i bit last night and good to see Jon Rahm half against Keegan Bradley... one of my least fav player on tour, slow and annoying to say the least

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is a superb format for television. Always something happening and really interesting to watch guys change the tactics mid round. Much more entertaining that seeming a player stick to the game plan 1-18.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
JT's shot out of the hazard was remarkable. How did he get it to check from there?

I really wasn't expecting that! I can't get that check off the short stuff. Clubhead speed would be my guess, he fairly had at it!

Agree with above statements and will be even better in the knockout stages. The Kuch v Johnson match was brilliant. There's a guy who doesn't know when he's beat (and another who does, sorry Kuch)

Crazy to see some of the scores out there, I wouldnt think DJ has many rounds with 2 doubles and a quad 9 on the card!