Wet weather rule question

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had to scare a goose off one of the tees as well (which was fine, except it was a bit adamant that it didn't want to move).

we have so many geese (and swans) around the course that so long as they don't impede your swing you leave them. it's hard enough getting them off your line on the greens!

barrybridges

Head Pro
fairwaytogo.wordpress.com
I had to scare a goose off one of the tees as well (which was fine, except it was a bit adamant that it didn't want to move).

we have so many geese (and swans) around the course that so long as they don't impede your swing you leave them. it's hard enough getting them off your line on the greens!

The chance of me hitting a bus is quite slim, so the geese didn't really have much to worry about!

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
We don't have any local rule on this and the spirit of that rule is to make it comp by comp for the day, not the whole winter.

We have only a few bunkers where this happens, everyone knows which ones they are and you play accordingly...... think of them as being a temporary pond.... nobody expects a free drop from a pond, you just try to make sure you don't go in it.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Yes, I'm talking about the approach to going in it not what to do when you do. End of the day the rules are clear, nobody aims for the bunker and gets a nasty shock, just accept it and move on. To my mind the current rules are fair. Local rule could be introduced for specific bunkers at specific times but otherwise it's just tough luck.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fyldewhite, Yeh agree that you should not go in them ,but if you are unfortunate too then if its full of water, you should nt be penalised..

Yes you should. It's called a "hazard" for a good reason.

Play it as it lies, if you can't or don't want to do that take a free drop where you can in accordance blah blah blah, if you can't or don't want to do that take the flipping penalty and move on.