Wet feet

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ok, with the rain last week and the dew today, very wet socks. Recommendations for a decent pair of shoes that will keep me dry for less than a hundred quid?

They all look so flimsy and so expensive! :cry:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have never found a pair of truly waterproof shoes in over 40 years of playing including the all rubber ones like Adidas Cruiser.

The problem - the rain runs down waterproof trousers and can get in the top of the shoes, take a walk through long grass and the same thing happens.

Never worn them myself but the best answer is probably waterproof golf boots rather than shoes.

My Crivit shoes cost £25 and are as good as any other make I have bought ( I use a new pair of shoes roughly every 18 - 24 months manly because I find the soles harden and I need the support and my last 3 pairs have all been these) . Depending on your shoes size they still can be found on sites like ebay.

Previously I bought HI Tec dri tech but sadly these can only be found by hunting around as HI Tech have stopped making golf shoes.

RichA

Visit site
sealskinz socks

not what you asked for but the best answer where most golf shoes arent fully waterproof, if you want to go the shoes route then ecco goretex for me
Are they comfortable? I had a pair about 15 years ago for cycling, not golf. They felt like my feet were enveloped in plastic then tightly wrapped in acrylic.
I'm sick of porous "waterproof " golf shoes, so I might give them another try.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are they comfortable? I had a pair about 15 years ago for cycling, not golf. They felt like my feet were enveloped in plastic then tightly wrapped in acrylic.
I'm sick of porous "waterproof " golf shoes, so I might give them another try.

find wearing a thin pair of the inner socks and buying them slightly bigger is far more comfier :)

NearHull

Visit site
I asked this question a year or so ago on the forum and was advised to buy a pair of SealSkinz socks. I did,they cost £37, they are excellent.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps not under a hundred pounds, but for £150 you can get Ecco GoreTex. No need for waterproof socks and my current pair are over 4 years old, still waterproof and worn on average two times a week. That works out to about 40p a round!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Put my waterproof socks to very good use yesterday

They are a very good investment. I like a more trainer like golf shoe, and although they start off with reasonable water proofing, I keep my golf shoes longer than the waterproofing lasts. The socks mean that doesn't matter in the slightest.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday (Stobart, £80, worked well today). But I am thinking I may well make the investment in the Sealskinz too having seen all this feedback and done some research. That would bring the two pairs of existing shoes back into the winter rotation. Cheers all.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday (Stobart, £80, worked well today). But I am thinking I may well make the investment in the Sealskinz too having seen all this feedback and done some research. That would bring the two pairs of existing shoes back into the winter rotation. Cheers all.

should get decent mileage out of the Stobarts ;)

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I got some Stubert boots to protect a knackered ankle last year and have to say they are coming back out every winter now. They are so cosy.