Wedge choice

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use taylormade burner plus irons, and have found I need a gap wedge, is it best to get a gap wedge of the same type as the rest of the irons, or a different type like a vokey, that I could possibly take to my next set of clubs?

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have burner irons and use MD NV Drew wedges. I have tried cg15's, Nike VR Forged and Vokeys and found for the money these cannot be beaten. Wanted to try the TM xft's but struggled to find a 52*

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its another of those horses for courses questions. I have the TM R11's (did have the TP's) and got the Z TP wedges because they suited my eye the best and didn't feel as heavy as the Vokeys. Have a go with a few and see what suits you best. You don't have to match them to a set and if you find a couple (gap wedge and SW) that realy work then just keep them in the bag if you want to upgrade the irons

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the GW the same as my irons. But only as it was on a deal with the irons when I got them. My other 2 wedges are Cleveland ones.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
No hijack intended.
I have the Ping G20's (4 - PW) Did consider the SW but thought the sole of the club was massive!!! Surely a narrower sole would cut through the sand leaving the bounce to do the work.
The huge sole (to me) looks as though it wouldn't get under the ball enough, especially in a normal damp bunker.

Correct or incorrect?:mmm: