Weather Warning

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope, wouldn't be out today in the wind we have, bit pointless. Okay some holes would be a lot shorter, but others would be very very long. Played in very very strong winds at Siloth on my first forum society meet, that was not fun.

D

Deleted member 3432

Certainly not today, trees down all over the local area, couple of lorries blown over and if the tide is in I wouldn't risk getting my car damaged with flying rocks on the coast road to Silloth!

Believe the wind is around 60 mph this afternoon with gusts locally as high as 86 mph.

D

Deleted member 16999

We’ve a return fixture today against a club from York, 16 from each Club, match started at 10, word came out to cut it to 9 holes, ridiculous we even started.
Par 3 6th 159yds to pin uphill into wind, all 4 hit driver, nearest was about 4yds short of the green.
Par 4 18th 404yds to centre, 1 guy drove the green.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We’ve a return fixture today against a club from York, 16 from each Club, match started at 10, word came out to cut it to 9 holes, ridiculous we even started.
Par 3 6th 159yds to pin uphill into wind, all 4 hit driver, nearest was about 4yds short of the green.
Par 4 18th 404yds to centre, 1 guy drove the green.

Yes it’s not enjoyable playing with too much wind, I played in a comp. Saturday in 35mph winds which was no fun.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't be out in this weather. In the West of Scotland it is very high winds with gusts up to above 50 or 60 mph in Glasgow, never mind out of the town or on the coast.

Trees down all over the place and I can't imagine enjoying any sort of golf.

If there was a competition on I guess the course would be closed and they wouldn't give people the option.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Interested to know what kind of wind speed you call 4club wind.

No idea in terms of wind speed (or even what the wind speed is in the UK right now) Just called family on whatsapp and she says I couldn't play golf in it :cry: so I need to change my answer (n)

D

Deleted member 21258

In sunny Shropshire gusts about 35-50(calming down to lower end now), played fun golf in that kind of wind and would again, a great laugh.

Certainly not a day for scoring but just playing with the ball flight and wind , get out their Mr Crazyface :p

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Seems like it would be a frustrating waste of time really.

Oh your right there, we started comp Saturday in 35 mph winds got on 2nd tee which is a part 3 got blast of wind just before shower and probably gusting to 40mph hard to stand still and duffed tee shot 15 yards. Ended up with a 6, struggled for rest round ended up in bunker on 18 not in the best of moods by then and just stepped in and swiped at the ball, funnily enough it came out ok.

107 shots later I was glad to go in for a pint

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No idea in terms of wind speed (or even what the wind speed is in the UK right now) Just called family on whatsapp and she says I couldn't play golf in it :cry: so I need to change my answer (n)

Ok enjoy your golf out there, apparently there’s some that can play in 45 mph winds😀