Weather Warning

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Just about to go up for a round and it started to bucket down just enough to soak everything, now the suns out typical Scottish weather

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Looking at the weather for Sunday. In a club match and biblical rain and gusty winds forecast. Going to be horrific and a real round of attrition. Taking as many towels and gloves as I can get in the bag

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have had a lot of players come up to me and suggest the club introduces preferred lies due to the lack of grass on a lot of fairways they all get the same reply "we cannot introduce it without county approval".
We talked to them and they said you're in the best place to decide if it is warranted so preferred lies have been in place now for 2 weeks 👍

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just about to go up for a round and it started to bucket down just enough to soak everything, now the suns out typical Scottish weather
We watched the forecast and waited, but we still got soaked through, and sadly I did my back in again :mad:, so my odds of winning on Sunday must be really high :p

Any betting odds for Largs on Sunday ?? see Scottish meets thread .

Last edited:

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can you / would you play golf if there was a weather warning of very high winds in your area?

I played in Southport this week with a wind warning in place. Winds around 30-40mph gusting to 55mph whilst I was out on the course.

Most of the field played, only 3 guys withdrew, there were quite a few NRs though, and only one person shot 36 points (somehow). I shot 30 points and placed 15th.