We want to hear about your golfing achievements! NEW GM mag feature

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Managed to win the (physically) largest and most expensive trophy in the club. It's a pairs comp where the 1st round is foursomes, 2nd round you play individual medal and combine all 3 scores. On my individual round I was 10 over after 5, playing awful. Parred the next 13 to win by a shot.

Kevil.jpg

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's because "Nett" isn't proper golf :whistle:

That's what all the losers say :rofl:

When I say don't like talking about it......

The 'nett' round was the 4th lowest gross score:whistle:

And you could argue the nett is harder to win as the field is larger.....just sayin':ears:

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a good year in 2013. Memorable on course highlights were:

Handicap cut from 9.5-5.5
Winning a knockout match from 6 down through 6
Captaining our Tigers Team to winning the league
Winning the club Mixed Foursomes Knockout
Winning an away comp with +1 gross when off 8

But the highlight of them all has to be the one in my sig - Nearest the pin AND Longest drive at the HFH day :whoo:

Idlenorth1

Head Pro
Visit site
2012 doubles knockout champions, got carried all the way through then had a stormer in the final :cheers:
Also got a 2 on a par five, just over 500 yard and driver & 6 iron but it was middle of last summer and course was rock hard, second shot landed 40 yards short and rolled all the way in
(not that I saw it, thought it had finished just short of green and walked down couldn't find it anywhere. Looked all over and was getting quite annoyed as thought somebody had played wrong ball then walked past hole for a quick look and there she was!)

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Last year I hooked a ball on our par 3 ninth hole which bounced on the tar path and then rolled over the small walled humped bridge by the 5th hole leaving me a 60 full degree wedge from the hole.

The ball was three ft from the bridge, however I thinned the shot, the ball hit the wall and mother of all bounces ricocheted the ball straight back off the top of the inside of my thigh straight into my testicles.

You may ask what was the accomplishment - I had the biggest pair of golf balls in Somerset that weekend:whistle:

surdoux

Visit site
Good year all round, won the Annual Eclectic Competition, the Annual Aggregate Competition and Golfer of the Year Trophy. Other claims to fame include four holes in one - all on par 4's (not this year though!)

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
My greatest achievement was years ago in my mid 20's I was playing off 15. I was using the then top of the range Ping eye 2 irons very similar to today's Ping g20's big shovel headed brutes. Anyway my club pro told me I would play better if I bought some blades. I took him at his word and sold the Pings and bought some Mizuno TP 11's these were a pure small headed muscleback blade. Zero forgiveness.
My father told me I was mad to change to blades but I took them out anyway. Second go out I parred the course from the medal tee's 14 par's two birdies and two bogeys. This was before Congu and the handicap committee took 5 shots off me and dropped me to 10.
I have played to 1 twice this year but never to par since. Not particularly noteworthy in the grand scheme of things but it is my highest achievement to date.