Waterproof trousers

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m after some waterproof trousers that can be worn on their own rather than over the top of normal trousers. Budget is under £50 if poss.

Any recommendations?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Stromberg wintra are great
Seconded. I can’t stand full waterproof trousers but with a brolly to hand these hold up to most conditions. I carry a pair of cheap packlite over trousers for the real rare bad stuff but largely I don’t play in it.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Great, thanks for the replies. What’s their sizing like in in the waist?
I’m a 38” and they are true to size. obviously in their name, they are winter trousers. I have a pair of Nike fall trousers which are repellant to a point and a more breathable option for warmer days. Both perform like normal trousers where I find waterproofs a bit uncomfortable.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I don't really like waterproof overtrousers worn over trousers but if I know the weather is going to be wet I often wear them over long johns before I set out as they are a lot drier like this and usually prety comfortable.
Exactly what I've been doing for a few decades each winter. Longjohns rule, (y).

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m after some waterproof trousers that can be worn on their own rather than over the top of normal trousers. Budget is under £50 if poss.

Any recommendations?
Craghoppers, either Stefan or Steall. Make sure you try them on though as they can be a bit inconsistent in sizing. I’ve worn them throughout winter for a few years and been great. Lifetime guarantee too.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Craghoppers, either Stefan or Steall. Make sure you try them on though as they can be a bit inconsistent in sizing. I’ve worn them throughout winter for a few years and been great. Lifetime guarantee too.

Thanks mate, I’ve got a pair of the fleece lined ones, after a pair for when it’s not freezing cold, to be able to wear normally but waterproof when needed. Know what you mean about the sizing, I’m a 36” waist and could barely get them up high enough to go around my waist!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If you’re after good quality waterproof trousers at a decent price you can’t go far wrong with ProQuip.

RichA

Visit site
Thanks mate, I’ve got a pair of the fleece lined ones, after a pair for when it’s not freezing cold, to be able to wear normally but waterproof when needed. Know what you mean about the sizing, I’m a 36” waist and could barely get them up high enough to go around my waist!
I have Craghoppers Kiwi Pro waterproof. Their only flaw is that when the rain is torrential and persistent the zip fly leaks, leaving you feeling like/wondering if you've had a little accident. If the rain is just heavy, they don't let a drop in.
As said, you need to go a size up.