Waterproof Golf Bag

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's birthday time and my mind is focusing on obtaining a new waterproof cart bag. Has anyone out there got any suggestions where to find a decent one that's not bonkers expensive. I've seen one on Amazon with a swirly logo, looks good and has good reviews so may go with this, but before I pounce and maybe regret my purchase does anyone know of a deal going anywhere for one of these things?

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Granted mines a carry bag but it's the Titleist Stadry (as made by Sun Mountain), but I got last years model from th'eBay so it was nicely discounted. They do cart bags as well.

Great bag, tested in torrential rain a few times and it held up perfectly.

Even with £50 knocked off for being last years it's still expensive mind.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the one on Amazon is the one with the two swirls an a large dot on the bottom with red or orange zips.

It is identical the Callaway Aquadry from same year.

I have owned one of those for two seasons. In terms of the pockets it does what it says on the label, great bag. I have only on criticsm and that is the hood is wrong way round for me but I use a buggy and not a trolley, which makes getting at the opening more awkward. The only thing that has gone wrong with it in that time is the one bit of internal stitching in the insulated pocket has become undone.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the one on Amazon is the one with the two swirls an a large dot on the bottom with red or orange zips.

It is identical the Callaway Aquadry from same year.

I have owned one of those for two seasons. In terms of the pockets it does what it says on the label, great bag. I have only on criticsm and that is the hood is wrong way round for me but I use a buggy and not a trolley, which makes getting at the opening more awkward. The only thing that has gone wrong with it in that time is the one bit of internal stitching in the insulated pocket has become undone.

Yup that's the one. Looks as though I've found my new bag....in orange I think.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have the Mizuno Elite waterproof bag (carry) got it on sale for £79 and it works fine. Think the cart bag is about the same amount as well.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a big max for 3 months, it's brilliant normal setup dividers and fully waterproof along with putter well. green and black :)

never leave the zips open or it turns into a swimming pool inside :)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had an H2no for 3 seasons and it was still perfectly waterproof, I only got rid as it was looking grubby (white red Essex girl model) replaced with the titleist sta-dry which as other have said is the same bag, two years on it's the same.... fully waterproof.

All I would say is given how well made they are, I'd suggest a darker colour one as they will not show the grubby marks.

I've looked at Ogio aquatech, bigmax , callaway and taylormade waterproof versions and from appearance none come close. I wouldn't own a different bag!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Interesting thread as I'm tempted to get a waterproof cart bag (or one that sits easily on a trolly). I usually put a waterproof cape on in the wet which keeps everything dry until you need to start getting into side pockets etc and then the zips get exposed and wet and suddenly everything is damp

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Interesting thread as I'm tempted to get a waterproof cart bag (or one that sits easily on a trolly). I usually put a waterproof cape on in the wet which keeps everything dry until you need to start getting into side pockets etc and then the zips get exposed and wet and suddenly everything is damp

Homer, being someone that plays a lot and is not shy in investing in better quality purchases to get better durability , I honestly think you'd be hard pushed to find s better purchase than a H2no/sta-dry bag.

One tip would be look around, last seasons titleist stuff can be found 30-40% cheaper than this years model with no difference other than colour schemes

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Homer, being someone that plays a lot and is not shy in investing in better quality purchases to get better durability , I honestly think you'd be hard pushed to find s better purchase than a H2no/sta-dry bag.

One tip would be look around, last seasons titleist stuff can be found 30-40% cheaper than this years model with no difference other than colour schemes

Cheers pal. I'll do some surfing and see what I can find from last year. Colour schemes mean diddly to me in terms of bags and functionality is what I need

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Motocaddy Dry Series are pretty good bags and if you have a Motocaddy trolley they lock nicely into the base.

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had a big max for 3 months, it's brilliant normal setup dividers and fully waterproof along with putter well. green and black :)

never leave the zips open or it turns into a swimming pool inside :)

I have used a Big Max Aqua Dry Silencio at least four times a week for over two years. The hood leaves plenty of room to access the clubs and it has never let me down.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know it's not peanuts, but I use the H2No Elite cart bag. Pocket layout is excellent especially the double entry long pocket on the side that doesn't normally have one. The hood is also very long and actually comes down the bag quite a lot more than normal bags.
it also seems thicker than the normal h2no bags

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know it's not peanuts, but I use the H2No Elite cart bag. Pocket layout is excellent especially the double entry long pocket on the side that doesn't normally have one. The hood is also very long and actually comes down the bag quite a lot more than normal bags.
it also seems thicker than the normal h2no bags

I very nearly opted for 1 of these
As they are pure quality
The only negative I could find, is the fact the moulded base hasn't been designed to lock onto a trolley, I feel this should be updated

In the end I opted for the dry series motocaddy
To go on the motocaddy trolley
Only had it a few months, but so far so good
I did say once upon a time that id never buy another motocaddy bag after issues with zips on previous pro series, but been reassured the dry series is much better......

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I very nearly opted for 1 of these
As they are pure quality
The only negative I could find, is the fact the moulded base hasn't been designed to lock onto a trolley, I feel this should be updated

In the end I opted for the dry series motocaddy
To go on the motocaddy trolley
Only had it a few months, but so far so good
I did say once upon a time that id never buy another motocaddy bag after issues with zips on previous pro series, but been reassured the dry series is much better......

Mine rides on a Golfstream trolley, and never twists. I know it doesn't lock in anything, but the combination of straps on the trolley and the rubber shoulders on the base of the bag stop it turning this way or that:).
it does get lots of comments, not least for the bright colour scheme;)

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine rides on a Golfstream trolley, and never twists. I know it doesn't lock in anything, but the combination of straps on the trolley and the rubber shoulders on the base of the bag stop it turning this way or that:).
it does get lots of comments, not least for the bright colour scheme;)

Yes, they're defo the dogs danglies

When the Zips fail on my motocaddy 😉 I may well buy one then....