Waterproof Golf Bag

mikevet

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought a Sun Mountain H2NO bag few years ago direct from the company online. The zip on the main pocket broke within a year and the manufacturers couldn't be bothered. I still use it on wet days, but regularly waterproof it with a proprietary product, otherwise the rain soaks into the material and stuff in the (other) pockets gets damp. Expensive and over-rated ..........

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Titleist Stadry cart bag for me...I have the 2017 version which.......has the rain hood that opens from the bottom, not a problem if you have a trolley but would be if you had a cart. Last years opened the other way round.....go figure.........?!

This is an excellent waterproof bag. Maybe could do with more pockets but so far after playing 3 times a week in all sorts of weather since January this year it still looks very good and all the zips and fastenings are in great nick. It is not that cheap but I am in it for the long run and need dry clubs!

M

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought a Sun Mountain H2NO bag few years ago direct from the company online. The zip on the main pocket broke within a year and the manufacturers couldn't be bothered. I still use it on wet days, but regularly waterproof it with a proprietary product, otherwise the rain soaks into the material and stuff in the (other) pockets gets damp. Expensive and over-rated ..........

My Big Max had two zips break after 18 months. I received a new bag under guarantee, with very little bother.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It still surprises me that so many people in the uk don't have waterproof bags
I still use the same Slazenger bag my original starter set from JJB Sports came with. :D I don't think it's waterproof but I've just never bought a new bag. I do want one but can't really afford it right now.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought the new stadry this year and so far loving it. Only downside is the pockets are a bit on the small side. Looks the biz too, got the blue and navy one.

TONYLAW

Visit site
Don't buy a Motocaddy dry series cart bag the zips fail and after 18 months I had 3 on the front all fail outside the warranty.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't buy a Motocaddy dry series cart bag the zips fail and after 18 months I had 3 on the front all fail outside the warranty.
I was lucky - a zip failed on mine after 11 months and I got a replacement brand new bag. That replacement is now about 11 months old - fingers crossed, but I see no signs of a failure this time.

HOWEVER... I really don't like this bag. The pockets on the front are a pain to fully open & close. The small pockets on the side hold virtually nothing, especially if the long side pockets are full. The diamond pattern of the club dividers feels weird. And it has no putter well or umbrella well. All in all, the Adams bag I had before was much better, except that it wasn't waterproof (and eventually fell apart after many years faithful service).

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I was lucky - a zip failed on mine after 11 months and I got a replacement brand new bag. That replacement is now about 11 months old - fingers crossed, but I see no signs of a failure this time.

HOWEVER... I really don't like this bag. The pockets on the front are a pain to fully open & close. The small pockets on the side hold virtually nothing, especially if the long side pockets are full. The diamond pattern of the club dividers feels weird. And it has no putter well or umbrella well. All in all, the Adams bag I had before was much better, except that it wasn't waterproof (and eventually fell apart after many years faithful service).

Guess everyone is different but I like the club divider system on this bag. I think it's easy to organise and set out your clubs. Why do you need a separate putter well if you have a 14 way club divider? Genuine question as there is space in the organiser for your putter.

My bag also has an umbrella sleeve.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Guess everyone is different but I like the club divider system on this bag. I think it's easy to organise and set out your clubs. Why do you need a separate putter well if you have a 14 way club divider? Genuine question as there is space in the organiser for your putter.
My putter has a fat grip and the only place it will fit is the big space right at the top (which I guess most people would use for the driver). What's more, it's a mallet style so it overlaps the divider next to it, which makes a tight fit for the club in there.

The diamond arrangement seems to make things crowded for my irons - but that could be because they are Ping G10s which have a pretty wide sole.

My bag also has an umbrella sleeve.
I find the sleeve plus string at the top arrangement nowhere near as convenient as a full length brolly well. On my old Adams bag, you could twist a wet brolly into the well easily with one hand. Feeding it through the string and sleeve is a much more fiddly operation.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Fair enough, different things work for different people. My putter goes exactly where you say and it is a Ping Craz-e mallet with SuperStroke pistol grip.

I'm delighted with my bag and would recommend it.

That said I love it cos it sits perfectly on my Motocaddy trolley and doesn't spin or twist like my previous bag did.