Wanted - Left Hand Irons

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My son is due an upgrade (12yrs) and was wondering if any of you have some for sale. Thinking get now practice through the winter with them but I'm not looking at spending too much as I'll probably be cutting them down and re-gripping, oh and I would like steel shafts. I've read the forum rules so hope I haven't done anything wrong...

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm not looking at spending too much as I'll probably be cutting them down and re-gripping,

Is this a good idea?
Have you thought about getting him ladies or junior clubs?

Ladies clubs... He won't go for but yes if they look masculine enough. As for junior clubs most are graphite and pretty flimsy too for steel shafts you seem to pay a premium whereas if someone was looking at getting rid of theirs I'd think about taking them. Another point I should mention is, have you tried buying junior left handed equipment? Nightmare!

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He's 5ft if not a touch taller hits his 7 on average 120yds driver about 160 carry, not too shabby to be honest... Short game let's him down, very little feel but they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm just concerned if you cut down a set of mens irons, they will end up very stiff and the lie angle will be wrong for him.
There are always sets on fleabay going which would suit him better.
Ladies, left handed with a butch look. Should find something :)
Failing that, does your local pro have anything suitable?

As for his short game, I know a left handed junior training aid which could help him :D

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you end up going for standard clubs, I've a set of L/H Yonex Cyberstar C280 3 - SW with steel uniflex shafts for sale.

Good condition and sweet spot rarely used.

Before the usual comments, I'm not much taller and don't hit the ball much further than your son :eek: :eek:

:D