Wanted iron set longer + upright

winty57

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi I am looking for a set of irons which are longer 1/2" - 1" and upright 2-3 degrees, nothing too difficult to hit!
My coach is putting me through some swing changes and has bulit me a practice club but I need some irons near to that spec to play with as my current irons are flat lie and standard length.
Appreciate some offers dont want to spend too much, maybe Ping G 10/15 or similar.
Cheers

GreggerKBR

Head Pro
Visit site
I have some Mizuno MP 68s in the loft, KBS Tour stiff. +0.50" and 2 degrees up. Very new grips on them.
They are blades. Bought them in 2010 but didn't play much and then had a knee op in 2015 and switched to semi cavities.
I've got 3i - PW. and Hi-Fli 2 iron and some wedges - I'd have to look.

Let me know if of interest.

winty57

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the offer Gregger but dont think i would get on with those bit too good for me in the transition period......and after probably! looking for more of a `shovel`:confused:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you see a set you fancy it's worth a check on the manufacturers website for the specs.

For example, when I compared titleist to mizuno, the mizuno were 2° flatter as standard.
I also tried comparing ping but they have 0.75° gaps between them whereas titleist and mizuno are 0.5°.

It's a minefield.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you see a set you fancy it's worth a check on the manufacturers website for the specs.

For example, when I compared titleist to mizuno, the mizuno were 2° flatter as standard.
I also tried comparing ping but they have 0.75° gaps between them whereas titleist and mizuno are 0.5°.

It's a minefield.

A very good point i got fitted with my old jpx850s then went to AP2s and was standard length and lie in those because of this.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got some Ping i5's, 1/2 in longer and 2*upright(green dot) stiff shafts. Golfpride dual durometer grips in midsize. 3-PW, all in good condition

Not looking for massive amounts:)..(well not massive to me anyways)

Last edited:

winty57

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got some Ping i5's, 1/2 in longer and 2*upright(green dot) stiff shafts. Golfpride dual durometer grips in midsize. 3-PW, all in good condition

Not looking for massive amounts:)..(well not massive to me anyways)

Thanks for offer, I am now looking for something 1" longer and 3* up (ping white/silver) minimum probably Ping G10/15 or i10/15

winty57

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why all the change mate. You have always hit a great ball with any club

Working with Matt on some swing changes (minor????), re posture and hitting more out to in.

Only said to him wanted an mot/service and he has decided that this will improve my ball flight and strike, and I may even look like a golfer!

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Working with Matt on some swing changes (minor????), re posture and hitting more out to in.

Only said to him wanted an mot/service and he has decided that this will improve my ball flight and strike, and I may even look like a golfer!

Bloody hell. That all seems a lot to change. Hope it all works. Can I have your cast off swing and game then mate, as it looked mighty fine to me every time I saw you.

winty57

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bloody hell. That all seems a lot to change. Hope it all works. Can I have your cast off swing and game then mate, as it looked mighty fine to me every time I saw you.

Forgot to add changed my grip to a stronger left hand, trying to remember all this when i`m practising/playing takes some memory!