18 holes of golf
3 course dinner (minimum 30)
£205 per person

Wednesday 24th August
Coffee and bacon rolls
18 holes of golf
3 course carvery (minimum 20)
£200 per person

They cannot do 36 holes in a day as they don't have the space available but they can do

Tuesday 23rd August
18 holes of golf
Dinner
Wednesday 24th August
breakfast
18 holes of golf
2 course lunch
£395 per person - subject to a minimum of 20 people attending

let me know what you all think.

Hi Dando

First, thank you so much for the effort!

As for pricing, I'm going to be brutally honest. These clubs have become VERY greedy and ludicrously overpriced. It hurts me deeply that the so-called custodians of the sport we love are only interested in ripping us off.

Of interest to all of you, the 36 holer 2-day Sunningdale 2019 meet was £265 with food etc all included. I think it was around £200 a few years before that too! Madness!

On a personal note, I've hardly worked due to Covid and for the money for one round alone I can play 4-5 rounds at other top 100 courses, of which I have lots on my to-play list all over. I'm sorry to say but this price is just not viable for me.

It would be good if the Golf Monthly team might look into doing a few events - using their bulging contact book to get the best rates. It's been talked about, but maybe Covid is still in the way for that.

On Walton Heath, I was hoping they might be able to do two rounds for around £250, given the numbers involved, but I guess not. £395 is madness - it's much cheaper just to have a 36 hole day alone - the fee is apparently £325, and that's just for one person!

I'll enjoy watching this thread, but gutted I won't be able to join you. Maybe if this meet becomes a reality, another game can be organised a day either side of this.

Best wishes to all
The Lion

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Walton Heath have just invested a significant amount ( over £3mil ) of money installing a sprinkler system across both courses

We played in a charity day there last year and it was £180 for the bacon roll golf and food

Lots of clubs have increased their green fees or society packages.

Walton Heath is an iconic golf club - it’s not going to be cheap

Last edited by a moderator:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Walton Heath have just a significant amount of money installing a sprinkler system across both courses

We played in a charity day there last year and it was £180 for the bacon roll golf and food

and the car park is top notch too

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Walton Heath have just a significant amount of money installing a sprinkler system across both courses

So is Sunningdale. Even with that investment it does seem an excessive fee. Yes Walton Heath is a great venue and the Old is #29 in the GM top 100 (whether that is worthy is another argument) and the New at #54 but I don't know whether this represents any sort of value for money. I will no doubt play if only to catch up with some old faces and to play the course(s) again

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
The ongoing irrigation works will massively improve what already is a great 36 hole golf course.

I don't believe the price quoted for each package is excessive, i think it's worth the fee with grub thrown in. The food is fantastic.

As a member i will be keen to hear the feedback should this game go ahead.

I will keep a close eye on this thread as i'm likely to be away travelling on these dates, if anything changes i'd be happy to join you all providing there's capacity.

Regards

John

The Lion

Visit site
I think the cost has scared folk off, or made people come to their senses!!

What Walton wanted is obscene in my view. Too many supposedly top courses charging ludicrous prices, inflated above what were already expensive rates.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
What Walton wanted is obscene in my view. Too many supposedly top courses charging ludicrous prices, inflated above what were already expensive rates.
Seems that such clubs/courses are attempting to recover the loss of income caused by Covid asap. Too fast imo.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I walked Walton Heath New on Monday watching the Rose Ladies Series comp. Looks like most of the be irrigation work is about done though still quite a lot of tidying up to do. As mentioned...it's an unusual heathland course being so open and relatively flat with few trees.

Sounds straightforward? Well given the bunkering and the way the fairways can thrown you into the heather...I think not. And the heather...well if you can find your ball then getting it out is tough, really tough. The heather is incredibly dense and tough. The lady pros and top ams were simply recovering back to fairway and not taking anything on...trouble awaited anything other than a hack out.

That said I might be interested though my Mrs might not be very accomodating as cost seems high for me. Depends.

4LEX

Visit site
I'm there next week playing 36 holes, I'll report back with how I find the course conditions if that helps.

Big fan of Walton Heath, it's nothing spectacular but every hole is a 7/10. Great test of golf.

4LEX

Visit site
The courses are a mess at the moment, greens in terrible shape and the irrigation system running way behind schedule. It all just looks scruffy and a work in progress. By August I'm sure it'll be fine but for the money I'd go elsewhere to avoid the risk.

Last edited:

4LEX

Visit site
The greenfee hikes have been quite astonishing since 2019. Not just at Walton Heath but most top courses in the Surrey area. They've literally almost doubled in price.