Walton Heath

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Could do without the audible intervention of the M25 at one end of the Old Course...

..that said, it's a while since I last played there and its a great place to play.
Indeed! That's the 'concrete slab' section, so especially noisy! Detracts slightly from a couple of rather good holes. Does remind anyone with a bad score what the alternative might be though!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ll post some prices tomorrow as
I’m currently waiting for my MIL to be discharged from st Thomas’ and then I’ve got the “joy” of driving home

The Lion

Visit site
Come on chief work your skills, play the GM forum card and you’ll get a deal!

I rang them yesterday about winter golf and it’s not cheap. Despite doing course works, they’re asking for £125 a round (if I heard that right!). It was £95 with no works two years ago.

Green fees at so-called Top 100 clubs in the Covid era are like Trump Family members - always looking for a grift to milk more money out the fattened cow. It’s unedifying to watch.

For summer I think (but don’t quote me) I was advised it’ll be around £225 per round, or iirc £325 a day. Hopefully we’ll have contacts which might drive a much better deal than that though ?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I was reading about the irrigation going in up till March, unless it's delayed by bad weather. Some holes will be closed and they'll be charging based on whats open.

I suspect the fairways will be a bit odd for a while after the work too.

I also suspect their propensity to "do a deal" will be low too. The cost of playing the top venues has gone barmy.

Soon it'll be cheaper to charter a helicopter to Silloth!:p

evemccc

Visit site
The cost has indeed gone nuts…I absent-mindedly looked up the GF and society price of Sunningdale yesterday

It’s now £470 PP for a society day of 36…I’m sure it was £275 a few months ago when I last looked

St George’s Hill and the Berkshire however are relatively cheap in comparison — these are the three courses that I think will continue to balloon upwards more than anything

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hi all,

as promised here are the costs for this:

Tuesday 23rd August
Later breakfast / light lunch
18 holes of golf
£185 per person

Tuesday 23rd August
18 holes of golf
3 course dinner (minimum 30)
£205 per person

Wednesday 24th August
Coffee and bacon rolls
18 holes of golf
3 course carvery (minimum 20)
£200 per person

They cannot do 36 holes in a day as they don't have the space available but they can do

Tuesday 23rd August
18 holes of golf
Dinner
Wednesday 24th August
breakfast
18 holes of golf
2 course lunch
£395 per person - subject to a minimum of 20 people attending

let me know what you all think.

evemccc

Visit site
I’ll be keen for ideally the first one - £185 -
But I’d go to the second and third options I would think (if that’s the majority choice)

Would not go to the £395 option