Vokey Wedges

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

Looking to update my wedges at the moment. Am I correct in thinking new grooves offer less spin than older models?

I am looking at the Spin Milled models of a couple of years ago, can anyone tell me the difference between the red and black coloured logos on the back of the wedges?

Many thanks, Peter

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The old spin milled model with the spin milled logo in red spins more than the new SM4 model which was designed with the new groove rules in mind, the older model is conforming for along number of years yet, the average amateur will get more spin and check on the ball with the older model which will also be cheaper.

Your call but I know which model i'd be buying ;)

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, seems a bit of a no-brainer then if you can find a Spin Milled in good condition.

Do you know of any difference between the black logo and red logo?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
The difference between the black and red (s far as I am aware) is just paint! They are the same wedge.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I thought the Original Spin-Milled had the Black..
The Newer Spin-Milled had Red
The C.C version was Yellow
and the then there's the new SM4.......

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I thought the Original Spin-Milled had the Black..
The Newer Spin-Milled had Red
The C.C version was Yellow
and the then there's the new SM4.......

100% spot on, the original from memory has less spin than the red version which has more than the current SM4 which replaces it.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ive got a red vokey Wedge
IF you can get hold of one of those, it will be better spin wise anyway
But Vokey are for me the best wedge so you cant go wrong with what ever one of them you choose

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
100% spot on, the original from memory has less spin than the red version which has more than the current SM4 which replaces it.

I have the black and red "saw" thingy and from looking at them and talking to a titliest rep they are just the same but different graphics. The new SM4 are with the "new" grooves so will obviously have less.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have the black and red "saw" thingy and from looking at them and talking to a titliest rep they are just the same but different graphics. The new SM4 are with the "new" grooves so will obviously have less.

Right so you are comparing 2 spin milled wedges then, apologies.

As far as im aware the spin milled "red" and spin milled "black" there was no difference in the wedge but the "red" had more loft and bounce options

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

As far as im aware the spin milled "red" and spin milled "black" there was no difference in the wedge but the "red" had more loft and bounce options

That's how I see it.
The "Red" was an evolution of the "black" with more options.
The grooves didn't change until the Yellow and then the SM4.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site

No need to apologise chap, it is easy to get the wrong meaning of something on a forum! We were just thinking the same thing but in different ways!!