Smith works wedges

NRAW

Visit site
Hi
Does anyone have the smithworks lazer etched conforming wedge if so does it spin as much as the cast nonconforming wedge.
I have a 56* cast nonconforming wedge and it’s good fun to play but of course it can’t be used in competition.
So I am looking at getting the conforming wedge but even the reviews don’t tell you a lot.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Regards
Nigel

Neeko1988

Visit site
It’s obviously not going to spin as much as the non conforming wedge or there wouldn’t be any point making the non conforming version.

From the video reviews I’ve watched on you tube though they do seem to be more spinny than a standard everyday wedge. Would also depend a lot of your technique and strike though.

Jason.H

Visit site
I have a 48, 52 and 58 laser etched conforming wedges in gunmetal as they frame the ball nicely. They definitely grab more than a normal wedge. I would say drop and stop rather than zipping back. Certainly give me confidence firing into greens that are firm and fast. I normally use a pro v1x or similar. I hit my wedges 3/4 swing most of the time. I was a little concerned before I bought them with how they would react pitching and chipping but after 3 months and around 4/5 rounds per week I’m very pleased with them. I used my launch monitor to give me full and 3/4 numbers and marker penned on the back of the club head for quick referenc.e. I did shoot my best ever round last week (71) and my handicap is it’s lowest ever at 3.7. I have found I’m more consistent in strike with these over previous wedges and I really like the bounce turf interaction. On some green side chips the bottom can feel a bit grabby on the grass at first but it has just encouraged a more positive strike through the ball and that’s probably improved my short game.

NRAW

Visit site
I have a 48, 52 and 58 laser etched conforming wedges in gunmetal as they frame the ball nicely. They definitely grab more than a normal wedge. I would say drop and stop rather than zipping back. Certainly give me confidence firing into greens that are firm and fast. I normally use a pro v1x or similar. I hit my wedges 3/4 swing most of the time. I was a little concerned before I bought them with how they would react pitching and chipping but after 3 months and around 4/5 rounds per week I’m very pleased with them. I used my launch monitor to give me full and 3/4 numbers and marker penned on the back of the club head for quick referenc.e. I did shoot my best ever round last week (71) and my handicap is it’s lowest ever at 3.7. I have found I’m more consistent in strike with these over previous wedges and I really like the bounce turf interaction. On some green side chips the bottom can feel a bit grabby on the grass at first but it has just encouraged a more positive strike through the ball and that’s probably improved my short game.

Hi Jason
Many thanks for your reply, you have told me more than all the reviews put together.
Many thanks it is very much appreciated.
Kindest regards
Nigel