Vokey Wedge Stamping

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Can't understand why Rooter paid some one £20 to engrave his 3 wedges which probably set him back £200+
When he could simply have smashed them with a hammer himself & then had to have the loft checked just incase he altered them :whistle:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't understand why Rooter paid some one £20 to engrave his 3 wedges which probably set him back £200+
When he could simply have smashed them with a hammer himself & then had to have the loft checked just incase he altered them :whistle:

Lol I know! I'm an idiot! And at £90 odd quid a wedge more like 270.... Where is my hammer??!

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site

does it cost more than £20 to get the loft checked just in case?!!

Im not for any type of aftermarket alteration / personalisation myself, anything of mine that is personalised (Cameron putters / vokey wedges) have been done by the company itself.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
does it cost more than £20 to get the loft checked just in case?!!

Im not for any type of aftermarket alteration / personalisation myself, anything of mine that is personalised (Cameron putters / vokey wedges) have been done by the company itself.

Probably not but why bother messing about when you can just get it engraved. Rooters wedges look pretty good IMO

D4RK1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How could stamping the club alter the loft? I ask this under the assumption its someone with an ounce of sense and not a gorilla using a sledge hammer.

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably not but why bother messing about when you can just get it engraved. Rooters wedges look pretty good IMO

Im not disputing that, they look great. Im just addressing all the negativity towards hand stamping, done correctly, by the right people, is second to none. Again IMHO.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Im not disputing that, they look great. Im just addressing all the negativity towards hand stamping, done correctly, by the right people, is second to none. Again IMHO.

Looking at the photo's on the vokey website even the hand stamping done at the factory looks rough, so god knows what it would look like with joe blogs wielding a hammer and a £10 box of stamps from ebay. I've done enough stamping in my time to know that even on a flat piece of steel and using parallels to align the stamps it's still not an easy thing to do. IMHO or course.

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking at the photo's on the vokey website even the hand stamping done at the factory looks rough, so god knows what it would look like with joe blogs wielding a hammer and a £10 box of stamps from ebay. I've done enough stamping in my time to know that even on a flat piece of steel and using parallels to align the stamps it's still not an easy thing to do. IMHO or course.

rough in what way though?! there are many different styles of stamping; straight, dancing, snow, falling over etc. so what you might consider as rough, could just be the style. the idea of something being done by hand is so its not perfectly in line / perfectly uniform. that might not be to every ones eye, but abit unfair to say it looks rough.

I feel that the metal displacement or mushrooming around the stamps adds to that hand worked feel.

again I agree about the guy at home in his shed, or on his kitchen table ala Rooter!! wont get the same desired look and might look rubbish, but from the professional, it looks great! does the below look rough?!

wedge.jpg

Attachments

• wedge2.jpg
    wedge2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 28

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Still got no idea why you'd want to mess up your lovely clubhead with personal bling.

because, as you have said 'your'! one can do whatever one wants with ones own property. Its all down to personal choice.

and would you really class it as bling?? its not bling, its personalisation, theres no diamonds or anything fancy like that, just numbers and letters.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
rough in what way though?! there are many different styles of stamping; straight, dancing, snow, falling over etc. so what you might consider as rough, could just be the style. the idea of something being done by hand is so its not perfectly in line / perfectly uniform. that might not be to every ones eye, but abit unfair to say it looks rough.

I feel that the metal displacement or mushrooming around the stamps adds to that hand worked feel.

again I agree about the guy at home in his shed, or on his kitchen table ala Rooter!! wont get the same desired look and might look rubbish, but from the professional, it looks great! does the below look rough?!

View attachment 7931

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this. It must be the precision engineer in me wanting everything neat and uniform.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
to me it's bling ;) and I still don't get why you would ever want to personalise a golf club with your initials, your wife's name or your children's name(s) - you know that it's your club - I assume.

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
why not? have you never personalised anything?

if you can, and you want to, why not? if you are paying top whack for something, lets say a car and they said, included in the price, you can choose the wheels, interior etc that you want, to personalise it and make it yours, you would refuse?

how about a memento? my wedge with my and my wife's name on and date we got married was a wedding gift from her, she knows me, knows what im into, and got it as something I will always keep.

Obviously I know its my cub, and now you do too. why do you have your handicap listed every cut / every .1 in your signature, I would assume you know your own handicap?