Vokey Wedge Stamping

TC75

Hacker
Visit site
Hi,

I need to find somewhere (pref online) that will stamp initials into some Vokey's (planning on buying 3 as a present).

Any ideas?

Tony

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Get them engraved rather than stamped.

Stamping only displaces the metal so you end up with a bruised effect, not pretty.

Look up local engravers in yellow pages or a google search.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
my local trophy engraving place did my 3 for £20. as per Twire, stamping is not as good.

My guy also filled the lettering too, see below:

null_zpsd02e3ee3.jpg

titleistkid

Club Champion
Visit site
Call head pro at Linlithgow Golf Club - Graeme Bell. Former assistant at my place - they do custom paint and stamping with matching golf pride multiompound on vokeys.

RobRob

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Go to a tool store buy a set of stamps for about £6 then what ever paint fill you want from your local model store!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Go to a tool store buy a set of stamps for about £6 then what ever paint fill you want from your local model store!

Then regret it. Stamps will not give you a good effect, it will have to be engraved for a decent finish IMHO.

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
cant beat hand stamping. Looks cool and gives a wedge the feel that some work went into it, not just a machine made.

Vokey hand stamps his wedges, cant be much wrong with it.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
cant beat hand stamping. Looks cool and gives a wedge the feel that some work went into it, not just a machine made.

Vokey hand stamps his wedges, cant be much wrong with it.

I bet they dont do it in their garage with a random force from a hammer...

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bet they dont do it in their garage with a random force from a hammer...

Sorry if ive missed it, but what are you saying....

that the common shop pro / home golf tinkerer could mess it up and the guys at Vokey are pro's so them doing it isn't a bad thing

or

that vokey don't hand stamp their wedges and use a machine of some sort?

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Hi,

I need to find somewhere (pref online) that will stamp initials into some Vokey's (planning on buying 3 as a present).

Any ideas?

Tony

I follow a gent on twitter that you might want to take a look at.
@AlexOrkaGolf (Alex Comben). He personalises golf clubs and his work looks impressive.
I haven't used his services personally but he posts pictures on his twitter profile that you could easily check out.

See below - some work he did for an Arsenal fan

arsenal golf club.jpg

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

that the common shop pro / home golf tinkerer could mess it up and the guys at Vokey are pro's so them doing it isn't a bad thing

or

Dont know how Vokey do it (ie stamp or engrave) but i do know, they if they do stamp, they wont be using a £6 kit from ebay, resting the club on a kitchen table and giving it a whack to see what happens...

Ie. they are professionals at it. if people want to go stamp their clubs, go for it! i paid my money to a professional after making my choice..

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site

or

If they are stamped they won't hand stamp them, they will use a press with the stamps nested together as a unit. They will also re-dress the club to remove bruising before putting a finish on the club.

I have my doubts that they are stamped in the first place, the pictures on this thread look like they have been engraved.

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If they are stamped they won't hand stamp them, they will use a press with the stamps nested together as a unit. They will also re-dress the club to remove bruising before putting a finish on the club.

I have my doubts that they are stamped in the first place, the pictures on this thread look like they have been engraved.

I agree, the pictures of the vokey wedges where the guy states he has had them engraved do in fact look like they have been engraved!! haha

Any stamping on vokey wedges are done by hand, have a look at their website, or twitter feed, they put up a lot of info and pictures of wedges being worked on by hand. (tour / special release / requested customs etc, the OTR Vokey in your local shop is all machine milled / engraved)

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I agree, the pictures of the vokey wedges where the guy states he has had them engraved do in fact look like they have been engraved!! haha

Not with the kids names, the rest of the lettering.

Any stamping on vokey wedges are done by hand, have a look at their website, or twitter feed, they put up a lot of info and pictures of wedges being worked on by hand. (tour / special release / requested customs etc, the OTR Vokey in your local shop is all machine milled / engraved)

I stand corrected they do custom stamp them by hand, but not that pretty or uniform looking at the photo's on their website. This would be even worse for someone who's not done any stamping before.

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not with the kids names, the rest of the lettering.

I stand corrected they do custom stamp them by hand, but not that pretty or uniform looking at the photo's on their website. This would be even worse for someone who's not done any stamping before.

stock options, wedges available in shops are machine milled / engraved. then you get the hand stamped custom wedges, personalised with initials, nickname, anything. I have a hand ground wedge from voke with my and my wifes name and date we got married.

Stamping is all down to personal preference, personally I love it, think it give the wedge a great look. I would think if you want something uniform, you wouldn't go for hand stamping.