Visit Wales - Golf Ball giveaway

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
20 of us go every year for a week and we stay in Monmouth. We always try to play a new course each year, however we always play 36 at the Rolls of Monmouth every year. Just a fantastic place to play golf, we all love it there.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My only golfing experience in Wales was the 2010 Ryder Cup on Wet Friday.....

If that's Golf in Wales you can keep it........

ps I'm sure it doesn't rain all the time though....

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Only time I have played in Wales was at St Pierre. It was my wife's birthday, we stayed at the attached hotel, and as luck would have it another couple came with us and the husband played golf .:whistle:

Beginning of January, nobody on the course, and we played in tshirts. Does Wales have a reputation for rain ?:confused:

tigerj

Hacker
Visit site
Probably love it most for the memories......
Started playing as a teenager at Pontardawe (lessons from Ted Booth) in early 1960s - name is probably still on Honours board as winner of "TJ Junior Cup"! Can still picture the holes now - especially "The Pulpit" for those who know Ponty.
Love Pennard, Langland Bay, Clyne, Palleg - all great course and very different.
I've been an exile for many years (teacher!) but my mother lives in Clydach and I always manage a game at Ponty & The Mond when home visiting.
Yes...great memories of having been first bitten by the bug at home in Wales.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a load of miserable tafophobes a lot of you are?. Wales has some great courses, at great prices, with great scenery, and all the great crowds are somewhere else

T

thecraw

Wales, a poor golfing cousin of Scotland, not on my immediate list of places to visit!!!!

Guess I'll not be winning any Callaway Balls even although they're my favourite ball.

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I love golfing in Wales as im running short on balls and due to recent house move have not got much spare cash at the min to buy new ones!

hamshanker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Staying in Caernarfon this August for the 3rd time in 4 yrs,ideal base to stop with lovely courses scattered around and not to overly priced like other golf havens......
Never had problem booking on courses and always made very welcome,love avin our golf hols here....

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Weird this, I have a Welsh mother, helped at the planning stages of building a new course in the 1980's and watched quite a few tournaments at St Pierre but I have never played in Wales.

DavidO

Head Pro
Visit site
Love golf in Wales...

Golf is a great game on it's own, add in the magical scenery and the friendly atmosphere and you got a great mix for great golf!

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I holidayed at Haverfordwest last year and owing to the fact my darling wife wouldnt let me take my clubs, I only got to go to a driving range. Going back again in July with a roof box for the golf clubs :) I cant wait. Countryside is wild, people are smashing, very friendly and pubs are great. Whats not to like?

Brian321

Hacker
Visit site
I love golf in Wales...

Was last over for the Ryder cup. Most memorable course was Penard. Pictorestue, right on cliff face, however weather was wild even for Wales. Still enjoyed the golf!

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
does it count if i live in Wales? as a jock who has settled here i can highly recomnend the golf here,reasonably priced and genrally very friendly with sone good courses and a few hidden gems.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I love golf in Wales because it means I'm back up there with my family and playing a round with my cousin in Caernarvon. The scenery is amazing and the drinking afterwards is awesome ;-)