Visit Wales - Golf Ball giveaway

TomC

GM Staff
Visit site
Hello all,

We have been running some golf ball giveaways in the competition section, on Facebook and twitter.

Extending now on to the forum, simply reply to this post with why you love golf in Wales? You could win a dozen Callaway Hex Black Tour balls

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wouldnt lie to you Tom , i have never been to wales let alone golfed in it , our home club is twinned with one over there & our society has been over twice aswell , someday hopefuly

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
For me living in the Midlands Wales has some of the closest links type courses available and at reasonable prices. The good summer weather is a bonus as well.

I've only played two:
Newport, which was friendly and excellent value, the fairly recently added extra 9 holes have really settled in well and there are some good views and unusual holes.
Cardigan. more of a cliff top than a links course but again friendly and good value with some stunning views across the bay.

scottbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I love golf in wales as it combines all of my favourite things to do.
Play golf
Play golf in the rain
Sheep.
These are in no particular order!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love golf in Wales because of the scenery! Friend is a member at nefyn which is the most beautiful courses I've ever played! Not very well but still!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My only experience of golf in Wales was when I was a non-golfer and accompanied HID at Aberdovey Golf Course. It was blowing a gale and flipping freezing so I sought the 19th hole and left him to the back 9 on his own!

Would love to return now though and would see it through! I do recall a Par 3 where the tee shot was towards the sea and as likely to blow the ball straight back over your head as find the green...perfect!

robbest3offthetee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I love golf in Wales, As its where I live, and most courses are right on my doorstep, Celtic Manor, Vale, St Mellons, Cardiff, Royal Porthcawl, its Golfing HEAVEN !!!!!!!!!!!, Everyone come and enjoy.....

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I love Wales not only because of the golf, but also due to the variety of other sports and opportunities available for all the family. From walking to paintballing, riding on hovercrafts or jumping off cliffs into the sea.

A great variety of scenery from rolling hills to rugged mountains or picturesque beaches.

Come to think of it, why do i still live here

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was fortunate enought to play the Celtic manor 2010 2 months before the rydercup it was a marvolouse course. It presented such a challenge we had high wind, heavy rain and an afternoon of sunshine. One of the best days of my life ( but don't tell the wife!). The welsh are some ov he nicest people I have ever met.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There are so many different types of couse close to each other. I have played Conwy. Llandudno and Prestatyn and they are class and great value. Futher inland Vale of Llangollen and Rutin are varied and always in excellent condition. A warm welcome is always in evidence

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because Pennard, the "links in tjhe sky", on a sunny summer's evening is just the most wonderful place to play golf - the course is unique, and the views are astonishing

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I love playing golf in Wales because the combination of every type of course, from links, to parkland, to hilltop (mountain top !!) to clifftop, to championship, is there. The scenery is always spectacular and the weather means you never play the same course with the same conditions but you always want to return. Roll on July and my next visit.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I live near the Welsh border and my Golf Society plays Golf In Wales often. We return annually to a few courses as they have spectacular scenery and are great value. A few mates Marshall in the Welsh Open and get cheap golf at Celtic Manor where they can bring a few others at very low rates, I have joined them on a few occasions and have loved it.

Scadge

Head Pro
Visit site
I have always loved playing golf in Wales since my first visit to Aberdovey as a teenage student where some breezy weather couldn't diminish the warmth of the welcome and cemented my growing love of the game.

I have played some of the modern inland tracks and they compare with the world's best and the variety of parkland, clifftop, hilltop and links must be within easier reach than almost anywhere. But is the lovely links courses at reasonable prices that keep bringing me back. The regular pilgrimage to the classic links of south, mid and north Wales is like topping up your golfing soul and a 3 iron speared through the wind onto the middle of Aberdovey's 18th green on our last trip secured the bragging rights and a memory for life.

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only ever walked Celtic Manor during RC week, living in scotland i've seen some rain, but OMG did it rain there, got to say probably my best experience on a golf course ever, the atmosphere was electric. Got a much better look at the area on Monday when the weather picked up. Certainly will look into Wales for our annual golf trip ( 12 guys, 3 days) as a result of our visit. After enduring 3 days of heavy hailstones in Perthshire this year we're up for a challenge.

golfsaint

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Never played golf in wales but hopefully when i go back for a romantic weekend with the wife to the VALE, i will play there courses this time (never played golf the last time i went to wales)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have never played golf in Wales. I don't want to either. The less time I spend in Wales the better. Good mountain biking though, which I can't get any where nearer. Shame.