Vice pro soft

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not tried them.

At £1.79 a ball don't think it is worth it, they have priced them the same as their premium ball.

I picked up Callaway Chrome Soft at the same price, which are a very nice ball and PGA tour proven.

D

Deleted Member 1156

At £1.79 a ball don't think it is worth it, they have priced them the same as their premium ball.

The name would suggest to me that they are a softer version of the existing premium ball hence the same price.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Managed to try them and yes, they are every bit as good as a Pro V. However having now tried the new TM TPx I was really impressed with these and has immediately come my preferred premium ball of choice

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not tried them.

I picked up Callaway Chrome Soft at the same price, which are a very nice ball and PGA tour proven.

They are their premium ball. Just a version of it. Uerethane cover and 3 piece like the "normal" Pro but just lower compression for slower swing speeds.

Goldie

Club Champion
Visit site
Special offer? Look to be £30 dozen unless you buy 6 dozen then still £26 dozen.
Good price you got but not one with longevity it seems.

American Golf do 20% off 2nd pack of balls.
24pack of Chrome Softs are £49.99

2 packs of 24 x Chrome softs = £89.99

Works out at just under 22.50 for a dozen.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
American Golf do 20% off 2nd pack of balls.
24pack of Chrome Softs are £49.99

2 packs of 24 x Chrome softs = £89.99

Works out at just under 22.50 for a dozen.

I'm tempted by this as Vice are out of stock. Really like the Hex Black's on longer clubs but were too firm on short shots. Anyone played Vice and Chrome Softs?

Goldie

Club Champion
Visit site
Played the Vice Pro, not the Plus. They were good, I think for £22.50 a dozen though the Chrome Softs are unbeatable.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I like the Vice, and I had a ton of Vice Drive balls a couple years back. I tried the Pro Plus ones a couple of weeks back too and I really liked them. I just think they are a little expensive now... Not for what they are per se, just to pay for any ball.

I have, however, just bought a pack of those Callaway Chrome Soft Tru Vis balls. Now I do like these.. easy to see if you get into trouble and they do appear to be a little bit bigger when looking down to put. Worth trying out.

Dan_

Visit site
I have, however, just bought a pack of those Callaway Chrome Soft Tru Vis balls. Now I do like these.. easy to see if you get into trouble and they do appear to be a little bit bigger when looking down to put. Worth trying out.

I have to agree with the Truvis being worth a try, have been using these last few weeks find that they inspire confidence when putting as they appear that little bit bigger. Am going to give the Truvis Chrome Soft X a go when I can get my hands on some, 'apparently' they promote a more piercing flight when I feel may help my game.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been using the vice pro and the Callaway chrome soft. I think the chrome soft spins greater on the half shots. But seriously there wasn't that much difference in every other aspect of the game.
I think the Callaway is less durable though and the vice goes a little yellow.
i may try the Mizuno balls next and perhaps the pro v x
Vice make you buy a lot and I am just working through last years stock as I shared 60 with a guy at work.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Bought the little selection pack. Just to get the 2 pro softs tbh. I really like the matte finish. Would be tempted by they other colours.

I compared them them to the vice pro plus I usually use and obviously it's only a small sample. But they seemed softer in feel. I find the pro quite loud off the putter face and noticed a difference most on putting. Full shots with drivers and woods were all in similar places. But with pw down it did seem to hold a little better.

my only reservation is that due to the cover they appear to mark up a lot quicker. One wiped they are fine. But they covering seems to get grass stained like tennis whites after the first shot. No scratches from the clubs though.