Vice balls

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just received the selection pack as I really wanted to they them. Just wondering if people can help me with their equivalents.

Pro plus - pro v1 plus
Pro - pro v1
Pro soft - ?
Tour - ?
Distance - ?

Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 1418

I purchased a dozen Pro Plus and think they're a very good ball, definitely comparable to the Pro V1x that I also use. Good price too but in the end only about £5 cheaper than the Pro V1x when you add on the p&p from Germany. One thing I did notice was over the course of a round (fortunately played all 18 holes with the same ball!) it didn't stay as white as the Pro V1x. Still, pretty impressed with it and will probably purchase again.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I purchased a dozen Pro Plus and think they're a very good ball, definitely comparable to the Pro V1x that I also use. Good price too but in the end only about £5 cheaper than the Pro V1x when you add on the p&p from Germany. One thing I did notice was over the course of a round (fortunately played all 18 holes with the same ball!) it didn't stay as white as the Pro V1x. Still, pretty impressed with it and will probably purchase again.

Did you purchase as 5x dozen at the discounted rate? Think it works out at £1.90 per call including postage, so about £23 per dozen, which is quite a bit cheaper than ProV... only really makes sense if you buy 5x dozen at a time though which isn't always practical I know.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have bought 60 of pro plus...eq. of Prov V 1 X.............as my game has improved a bit I am not losing as many balls..sometimes a ball will be with me for 2 rounds..but have found they do discolour....guess this is normal though.

The balls are great...and really stick on our greens.....go for it...............the glove, on the other hand, felt lovely but fell apart after 5 holes...................think I shall stick to the balls.......

M

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tried them and they are nice balls, but the discolouration does put me off using them, would feel like I want to use a new one every 9 holes.

I can buy chromesofts for a few quid a dozen cheaper so been using them.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Tried them and they are nice balls, but the discolouration does put me off using them, would feel like I want to use a new one every 9 holes.

I can buy chromesofts for a few quid a dozen cheaper so been using them.

I'm pretty much the same as this, the discolouration is quite severe after just 1 round, if you're lucky.

Plus, they dumped me for our H4H's so I'll support the brands that support our charity more, like Callaway does in spades :thup:

When buying with my hard earned it's Chrome Softs, if I get vouchers like my recent £10 AG I'll put it towards ProV1x.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Gone a bit off topic, just wanted to know if people new of the equivalent ball for other vice balls.
Ie is the vice tour like an Ad333 or a slightly better or slightly worse ball.

I'd just like a frame of reference when I give them a go

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not tried them other than as pick ups so no real use as a reference other than as others have said the Pro Plus is a Pro V equivalent. A guy has given me some of the green ones to have a go with (and so may be able to give a more detailed opinion). Looking at the website the Tour is 3 piece so guessing the equivalent of an AD333 tour or NXT. Drive is 2 piece so I'd suggest the Supersoft or AD333

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried these when they first came out and I see there are more types now.

Pro and Pro plus would contend with virtually any premium urethane ball

I play B330 RXS and found the Pro very similar.

I also tried the Pro Plus and for the extra money could not see a lot of difference between the two to make the extra worth it.

Looking at the specs I see the Tour has a surlyn cover so expect a harder ball so probably more like a Bridgestone E6, Srixon AD333 Tour

From memory the Drive is an out and out distance ball. It is aimed at players with slower swing speeds

D

Deleted member 23270

Gone a bit off topic, just wanted to know if people new of the equivalent ball for other vice balls.
Ie is the vice tour like an Ad333 or a slightly better or slightly worse ball.

I'd just like a frame of reference when I give them a go

Interesting comment and I'm intrigued to know why? Surely you just play each ball and decide if you like it or not?

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting comment and I'm intrigued to know why? Surely you just play each ball and decide if you like it or not?

So if I do like it I can see the price compared to a similar ball.

Ie if I like the tour but it's the equivalent od the AD333 but the srixon is cheaper I'll but the srixons