US PGA this weekend

Diamond

Visit site
So you didn’t say they should put adverts on when they tee off, rather than showing them?
Or was that the OP?
They may as well when Bryson tees off then cut to the camera man in the shrubs. If I have offended Brysons facebook group or the big hitters brigade I apologise but as a novice golfer I expect 70% of fairways hit from these millionaires.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am not bothered who wins. The best player will win. I am referring to viewing it it on TV and Bryson hitting into the rough every hole is just not good for TV.
Rory is steady tonight though and after that iron off the tee he has been far more accurate.[/QUOTE]

hes hit 4 of 9 fairways. Wheres the line thats acceptable? ;)

Diamond

Visit site
That said, the number of guys in the top 30, potentially top 10 in the FedEx rankings today, who are absolute 'who the heck', is quite surprising. I watch a lot of golf, and some of these I have never heard of.

Who is Tyler Duncan, Mackenzie Hughes, or Sebastian Munoz?
Not sure but I started my Red wine when the Belfry tournament was on and there was a South African who was very amusing. Probably had too much to say but at least he was a character.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I am not bothered who wins. The best player will win. I am referring to viewing it it on TV and Bryson hitting into the rough every hole is just not good for TV.
Rory is steady tonight though and after that iron off the tee he has been far more accurate.
Everyone is different, no problem. I'm not anti Bryson and I won't be surprised if on the right course setup if he wins by a handful of shots. I also quite like that a setup like this week will put pressure on his strategy.
As a (chopper) golfer myself I know my form varies from game to game. It's the nature of the pastime.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
There are also some, like Lanto Griffin, that I have heard of, who will probably qualify for the top 30. Fine, nice to see someone new, but what has he won? I am guessing zip.
There are some well known names who should be here who should be flat out embarrassed.

JGolfer

Visit site
I mean a lot of courses seem to be “it’s better to be 130 yards out in the rough, than 170 in the fairway(I know for me that’s a dead certain) cos I’ll naturally hit more gir, and hitting greens gives me more chance of making birdies and pars, than missing greens and scrambling. So until that changes it doesn’t “if seeing Bryson hit one fairway is boring or not” that’s golf.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thomas tried to drive the green, left it 30 yards short and right. Couldnt keep it on the green with his flop pitch. Chip from behind the green goes 15ft+ past. Plenty of these guys not really adjusting to the challenge in front of them here it seems

D

Deleted Member 1156

As a 29 handicapper I expect to see the best of the craft I am learning. Instead I am watching absolute dross for most tee shots. Like I said in my job if I didnt hit every fairway I would be out of a job.
This game needs to change for the TV as there is less skill than when I was watching Seve as a kid.
But it's not about who hits the most fairways, it's about who signs for the lowest score.

Diamond

Visit site
But it's not about who hits the most fairways, it's about who signs for the lowest score.

As a spectacle on TV it isn’t about who signs for lowest it is about entertainment. I can check the internet the day day to see who shot lowest.

D

Deleted Member 1156

As a spectacle on TV it isn’t about who signs for lowest it is about entertainment. I can check the internet the day day to see who shot lowest.
Do you think the tournament winner cares about whether or not he has entertained you as he banks his million dollar cheque?

Diamond

Visit site
Do you think the tournament winner cares about whether or not he has entertained you as he banks his million dollar cheque?
I think you have gone off topic. The thread was about the accuracy of drives and it is my opinion that it isn’t good enough for a professional sport on TV. In fact it’s poor, very poor. My posts are from the view point of a punter paying money to watch golf on Sky and not someone competing in the tournament for the prize.
I am sure Brysons bank balance is healthy but I am also sure he wouldn’t waste his time watching another golfer hit the rough off every drive..or maybe he does and that is his inspiration.