US PGA this weekend

Diamond

Visit site
Again watching the Sky coverage and someone said Bryson hit 1 fairway yesterday. 1 fairway....then Rory took an iron from the tee and promptly knocks it into the trees. Its pathetic for a professional in any industry but these guys are the best golfers in the world...right just not accurate then.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Again watching the Sky coverage and someone said Bryson hit 1 fairway yesterday. 1 fairway....then Rory took an iron from the tee and promptly knocks it into the trees. Its pathetic for a professional in any industry but these guys are the best golfers in the world...right just not accurate then.

So as a 29 handicapper you struggle to break 100 and are calling a couple of the best golfers in the world pathetic. Look forward to seeing you having improved 2 shots a hole and giving them a hiding some time soon ;)

Diamond

Visit site
Yes I am. I am Jack Nicholas in my job mate. ?
I would also add US Open is cited the hardest major. What a ridiculous situation for a sport to be in. All majors should be US Opens. If you dont hit the fairway and green then dont waste my time watching you. I dont mind Bryson as a person but he is shocking.
Only my opinion by the way and I am off 29. ?
Jim Furyk is King of the fairway.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Up to a point i think the OP is right.
They should have to hit more fairways and there should be a consequence to missing.
It should, on average, cost them half a shot or something like that.
It won't....but it should.

Diamond

Visit site
Up to a point i think the OP is right.
They should have to hit more fairways and there should be a consequence to missing.
It should, on average, cost them half a shot or something like that.
It won't....but it should.

As a 29 handicapper I expect to see the best of the craft I am learning. Instead I am watching absolute dross for most tee shots. Like I said in my job if I didnt hit every fairway I would be out of a job.
This game needs to change for the TV as there is less skill than when I was watching Seve as a kid.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As a 29 handicapper I expect to see the best of the craft I am learning. Instead I am watching absolute dross for most tee shots. Like I said in my job if I didnt hit every fairway I would be out of a job.
This game needs to change for the TV as there is less skill than when I was watching Seve as a kid.

Yeah cos Seve hit every fairway didnt he ;)

D

Deleted member 1147

I’ve never seen Seve as a kid, as a adult he was brilliant

Diamond

Visit site
So Seve was hitting it 250 yards out of bounds then using his genius to spellbind us. Someone said to me that wit golf people get obsessed with driving. I can see it is the whole sport and this forum.?

D

Deleted member 1147

So Seve was hitting it 250 yards out of bounds then using his genius to spellbind us. Someone said to me that wit golf people get obsessed with driving. I can see it is the whole sport and this forum.?
Que?