US Open Qualifying

G

guest100718

Was hoping to, but am going to be travelling back from working on the monday I think.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
My daughter is playing in the Ladies US open Qualifying at The Buckinghamshire on Monday. Should be good experience as some good ladies golfers playing.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I was at Walton Heath today.

Course is in absolutely great conditions - Old Course greens are the best I have ever seen them.

Heather is less severe than it has been - it has been declining for the last few years imo and long grass is almost taking over in some places. It's still an almost guarantee of a dropped shot if yo go in it though!

New Course greens are slightly slower, but still roll beautifully - and that is after a morning's growth, so perhaps unfair to them.

Reports I've heard are that the environment for the US Open Qualifying at WH is much better than the IFQ for The Open at Sunningdale, where roped off fairways 'spoilt' the environment slightly. No idea how true the reports are, but there is no IFQ this year anyway.

D

Deleted member 15344

I was at Walton Heath today.

Course is in absolutely great conditions - Old Course greens are the best I have ever seen them.

Heather is less severe than it has been - it has been declining for the last few years imo and long grass is almost taking over in some places. It's still an almost guarantee of a dropped shot if yo go in it though!

New Course greens are slightly slower, but still roll beautifully - and that is after a morning's growth, so perhaps unfair to them.

Reports I've heard are that the environment for the US Open Qualifying at WH is much better than the IFQ for The Open at Sunningdale, where roped off fairways 'spoilt' the environment slightly. No idea how true the reports are, but there is no IFQ this year anyway.

Sunningdale has Open FQ this year

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
wtf is IFQ IYP?:whistle:

International Final Qualifying.

Sunningdale has Open FQ this year

That's not International Final Qualifying as in the past. Qualification for Touring Pros (what IFQ was) is via a new Open Qualifying series.

And I believe Sunningdale may have stepped in as a replacement for another FQ venue that had a problem. I only heard that today!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

as does the Marquis Phil (1st July expect Ill head up to watch)

It does indeed - they mentioned it at the invitational yesterday ( which me and my playing partner won :D )

The Marquess is shaping up very nicely !!