US Open Qual; Walton Heath tomorrrow

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looks great. Some very big names such as Harrington and local interest for a lot of us in the UK. Please post a link also to the results.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Saw the road signs when I was down at Kingswood on Friday. Should have thought about it earlier and planned to go. Oh well, I'll just have to get a handicap cut when I play tomorrow. Will definitely get my act in gear for next year as the field is always a good one

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm going to do this one year - just need to be a bit more organised..

Saw the road signs when I was down at Kingswood on Friday. Should have thought about it earlier and planned to go. Oh well, I'll just have to get a handicap cut when I play tomorrow. Will definitely get my act in gear for next year as the field is always a good one

Ditto! Especially as my Mrs is working tomorrow!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I may shoot there for a while but I have to get back as HID booked tickets for Ceelo Green thinking it was on Tuesday!

Daft bat!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm going.

Always good to go for the morning if possible, as there are a lot of drop outs after the first round and you may miss someone you were keen to watch.

I like the look of the hend/beef two ball.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
just checking, doesnt cost anything to get in does it? imagine its similar to what Open IFQ at Sunningdale used to be

Completely free and one of the best days watching golf you could wish for.
You can walk around with the players and listen to everything that goes on between them and their caddie.
Obviously a slightly bigger "crowd" always follows the better known players, but you can still get very close to the action.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Every year I say I am going and every year people remind me when I read the thread on here. Too late by then. Memo to self.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I got there at about 8am. A doddle to park and with 36 holes in play small numbers watching most of the games, Harrington and Dunne carried the biggest crowd I saw but only a few compared to what there would have been at Wentworth, add to that there are no ropes so you can stand just a few feet from the players for a real insight to how they play.

Saw Anthony (TXL) doing his marshalling of the marshalls ! The only downside was the biting strong wind and it started to make my poorly eye sore so I left after about 5 hours - the players were wearing over mittens - in almost June !!

It was absolutely worth the trip and the only cost was fuel and a burger ........... and some Footjoy DNA's on sale in the pro shop but don't tell HID.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm back from an early start there as well.

The weather was pretty grim, which may have accounted for the small crowds - there seemed less there this year to me.

Apart from that, it was as good as ever. Keep on 'forgetting', it makes it easier for the rest of us...

Followed two of the (currently) top scrorers for most of the day - Bourdy/Pieters and Johnston/Hend. Bourdy is a fantastic driver of the ball, especially into the wind. Johnston has a nice all round game. As for Hend, he hits it absolutely miles, but lost a bit of heart after a few lip outs. The greens at WH are so tricky to read.

My tangential take-away from today was that lots of tour players are incredibly thin. Looked like the wind would go straight through them.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm back from an early start there as well.

The weather was pretty grim, which may have accounted for the small crowds - there seemed less there this year to me.

Apart from that, it was as good as ever. Keep on 'forgetting', it makes it easier for the rest of us...

Followed two of the (currently) top scrorers for most of the day - Bourdy/Pieters and Johnston/Hend. Bourdy is a fantastic driver of the ball, especially into the wind. Johnston has a nice all round game. As for Hend, he hits it absolutely miles, but lost a bit of heart after a few lip outs. The greens at WH are so tricky to read.

My tangential take-away from today was that lots of tour players are incredibly thin. Looked like the wind would go straight through them.

So it's my size that stopped me being a pro and not the golf

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site