US Open Qual; Walton Heath tomorrrow

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I walked with Alex Noran in the morning. Hit it great but missed a few putts. Got in however.

There's always a bit of vacarious pleasure when one of the players you've been following gets through. Sadly, I think of Gregory and AJ as 'my' picks for the US open...

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There's always a bit of vacarious pleasure when one of the players you've been following gets through. Sadly, I think of Gregory and AJ as 'my' picks for the US open...

Not sure there was in this instance as it was too cold to follow him round all day!:eek:oo:

Just out of interest; I turn up never knowing who I want to follow and head for the practice area. Noren was there and his practice swing was an exagerated shut feet and over the top swing. He practiced fades and draws which interested me enough to follow him.

Do others choose who they follow beforehand by looking at the draw?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Not sure there was in this instance as it was too cold to follow him round all day!:eek:oo:

Just out of interest; I turn up never knowing who I want to follow and head for the practice area. Noren was there and his practice swing was an exagerated shut feet and over the top swing. He practiced fades and draws which interested me enough to follow him.

Do others choose who they follow beforehand by looking at the draw?

I started on the 1st with Padraig and then Larrazabel for a while then just picked up random groups as I got to tees on the Old and New that crossed. All the players are worth watching and I did see quite a few shots like we play!

Sorry I didn't bump into you Matty

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was marshalling for the day - it's a great lo-key day and a fantastic way to watch good golf. Boy were the conditions tough - windy and cold.

Walked with Stal and Soderberg in the afternoon who both qualified. Thought it was going to be a long afternoon when Stal shanked his first shot and ended up with a double but he then shot 7 under for the next 17! There were never more than 5 people with our match so great views.

Being a 2 course layout where the courses criss-cross each other its great to be able to wander and pick up a match for a hole or two. No ropes and by a large just golfers watching so no issues with people causing problems.

Really recommend it - but wear plenty of layers!