Upcoming live concerts.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Maybe it's just how it sounded at the Apollo?

Selling England is the best album Genesis did (IMO) and is one of my favourite albums. We had good seats - and if you listened carefully - very carefully - the individual performances were spot on. But the vocals, lead & keyboards were completely overwhelmed by the bass & drums. Certainly the album doesn't sound like that (but then, of course, it wouldn’t) but I don't recall the live performance sounding like that either. (Admittedly it was 50 years ago though ... :). Jeez, it it really 50 years since I saw the Selling England tour - twice?)
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes the drumming was pretty ‘solid’ but thinking that’s how it was supposed to be. The front man does a brilliant job of recreating the words and actions of what would have been a rather bonkers Peter Gabriel of the time. Top stuff.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Not an upcoming live concert. Couldn’t be further from it really.

But I took delivery today of a remastered 4K edition of the full recording of the INXS gig at Wembley on 13 July 1991.

I was one of the lucky 74,000 there that day, and never knew until years later that not only had that performance gone down in rock folklore, but also that it had been recorded in 35mm for posterity. I have a copy of that which simply doesn’t do the event justice.

The remastered copy, though, is something else. It takes me back 33 years to a performance I never realised how privileged I was to see live. There can be few better showmen around than Michael Hutchence in his prime, which is truly ironic given what a shy fella he was.

If that genre of music is your thing, do yourself a favour and watch it on YouTube. You won’t be disappointed.

Springveldt

Visit site
Found out Liam Gallagher was playing the City Hall in Newcastle earlier this week. Daughter phoned me to tell that there were loads of "Adidads" walking around in bucket hats and Samba trainers.

I'm not a big concert goer at all but the daughter is right into music just now, luckily we like the same type of music. Saw Fall Out Boy at the Hydro in Glasgow last October (First gig I'd been to since the 2nd ever T In the Park back in 1995) and we've got tickets for Green Day at Bellahouston Park in June.

Since she has been getting me to go to these with her and to her own band gigs, I'm beginning to like live music more. I was gutted to find out that Bowling For Soup played Newcastle City Hall last month, I'd definitely have went to that.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Moby goes on sale tomorrow. Never seen him live in person but the one on the BBC in the 90s (Play) was great.

4LEX

Visit site
Found out Liam Gallagher was playing the City Hall in Newcastle earlier this week. Daughter phoned me to tell that there were loads of "Adidads" walking around in bucket hats and Samba trainers.

I'm not a big concert goer at all but the daughter is right into music just now, luckily we like the same type of music. Saw Fall Out Boy at the Hydro in Glasgow last October (First gig I'd been to since the 2nd ever T In the Park back in 1995) and we've got tickets for Green Day at Bellahouston Park in June.

Since she has been getting me to go to these with her and to her own band gigs, I'm beginning to like live music more. I was gutted to find out that Bowling For Soup played Newcastle City Hall last month, I'd definitely have went to that.

Seeing LG in London in June. Always a load of nutters out and about! Adidads :ROFLMAO:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Saw Uriah Heep, Saxon and Judas Priest at Wembley Arena on Thursday.

Judas Priest are still just as loud and scary as when I last saw them 40 years ago.

Tickets for Deep Purple in November at O2. Still have three original band members which is rare these days for bands around in the 70’s.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
He looked ill the last time I saw him with BOC. Hopefully he puts on a good show.(y)
Unless you saw one of the 50th anniversary shows, he left BOC in 1981, I was at the gig where he turned up late and was sacked from the band
Myself & @Imurg witnessed him knocking 5 bells out of a hire car with a fence post after the gig.

#Rock n Roll History :cool:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Unless you saw one of the 50th anniversary shows, he left BOC in 1981, I was at the gig where he turned up late and was sacked from the band
Myself & @Imurg witnessed him knocking 5 bells out of a hire car with a fence post after the gig.

Whilst uttering the immortal line " This car is an Anus" :ROFLMAO:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Yes he made a guest appearance in London concert. He played on about five songs. Must have been 2016 ? One of my favourite live bands along with Foreigner.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not an upcoming live concert. Couldn’t be further from it really.

But I took delivery today of a remastered 4K edition of the full recording of the INXS gig at Wembley on 13 July 1991.

I was one of the lucky 74,000 there that day, and never knew until years later that not only had that performance gone down in rock folklore, but also that it had been recorded in 35mm for posterity. I have a copy of that which simply doesn’t do the event justice.

The remastered copy, though, is something else. It takes me back 33 years to a performance I never realised how privileged I was to see live. There can be few better showmen around than Michael Hutchence in his prime, which is truly ironic given what a shy fella he was.

If that genre of music is your thing, do yourself a favour and watch it on YouTube. You won’t be disappointed.
I was also there - the whole day was great. As you said, in his prime, not many better as a frontman.
Trying to get out of the Wembley car park & Wembley itself afterwards - not so much!