Uneven lies

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could anyone point me in the direction of some good advice on how to deal with uneven lies? Or if you guys have some good tips I'd be keen to hear them.

In particular, I struggle with where the ball is significantly below my feet, yesterday I had this scenario on three seperate occasions and shanked the ball every time.

However, I probably struggle where the ball is above my feet too, or hitting on a down slope, or hitting on an up slope, I just didn't get a chance to play those shots yesterday!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks Amanda. Does that have the effect of giving you greater bend at the waist and a steeper swing vs more upright and a flatter swing when the ball is above your feet?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Amanda's provided a good all round link.

Where reference is given to 'aim right' or 'aim left' you should simply adjust your aim by the same angle as the slope you are dealing with ie if it's about a 10 degree slope adjust your aim by 10 degrees.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it's more about balance. It's easy to fall forwards onto your toes and therefore bring the club nearer the ball (also the hosel!). Sticking your backside into the slope gives a much more stable base. It feels a bit counter intuitive as you want to bend forwards towards the ball as it's further away.