Under Armour Winter Gear

jjames

Medal Winner
Visit site
Anybody purchased any under amour winter gear. Just wanted to know what your thoughts were on them. Quite tempted by the elements jacket as I don't have anything to match it at the moment. Also how does their sizing compare with other brands.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I own some Under Armour clothing and think its an excellent brand and good quality.

The overall range is growing all the time and it is not playing on its brand and overcharging like some other brands seem to think they can do.

I have a base layer and also a polo shirt and as soon as my £50 AG voucher arrives from GM I will be looking to add to them with preferably more Under Armour gear.

It does have a huge floor though which does concern me, a North London football club has it as their sponsor which I can't even bring myself to name!

mouth

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I recently heard that Under Armour are going to stop importing into the UK across their whole range (not just golf) so get it in quickly.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I recently heard that Under Armour are going to stop importing into the UK across their whole range (not just golf) so get it in quickly.

I'll buy it cheaper abroad then without the taxes, simples.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I too am put off the brand by the north London connection.

Given how much they are spending there I'd be surprised if UA pulled out of the UK.

Warbur

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very good. I'm a large and everthing fits very well and is comfortable, not tight like some brands.

Only thing to watch on sizing is the base layers - order a size larger than you normally would and it'll fit well.

I love the brand and have got a couple of base layer tops, a winter top and I've just got a waterproof jacket as well. I haven't used the jacket in anger yet but have high hopes for it based on the other gear.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Got the Cold Gear trousers and recently bought the Focus Winter top. Both are excellent and would highly recommend. Looking to add another windbreaker type top to the wardrobe! :thup:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Almost all my golf wardrobe is UA stuff, cant rate it highly enough except as previously mentioned their attachment to the poor relation in North London :) Was better a few years ago when it wasnt so highly rated over here and stuff could be picked up much cheaper than nowadays

Only issue I ever had was the seams failed on a waterproof jacket and it was replaced immediately

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Not heard that and I can't understand why they would do that when they have an increasing prominence across a number of sports. Their baselayers in particular are used extensively in sport not just at professional level and to do so would be commercial suicide. Doubt there is any legs in that rumour

I use the base layers extensively in the winter and am getting into their polo shorts for the summer as they do seem to keep me cooler. Not looked at too much else but will keep my eye on it as they dont make shoddy stufff

markyjee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got lucky and won a under armour golf day at dalmahoy last month through another magazine, got to try out their winter range of clothing. New compression tops have been made roomier at neck. winter polo was excellent - warm and a good length. cold gear trousers also warm and comfy. At about 8 or 9 deg's it was too warm for the cold gear top. Beanie, winter gloves and mitts were good quality as well.
Spoke to a couple of the under armour reps who attended, they want to get bigger each year and expand their products. Have tied up with spurs and Wales rugby team to grow their company so can't see them leaving.

mouth

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not heard that and I can't understand why they would do that when they have an increasing prominence across a number of sports. Their baselayers in particular are used extensively in sport not just at professional level and to do so would be commercial suicide. Doubt there is any legs in that rumour

I use the base layers extensively in the winter and am getting into their polo shorts for the summer as they do seem to keep me cooler. Not looked at too much else but will keep my eye on it as they dont make shoddy stufff

It may have been equipment specific to another particular sport that I care for but the impression given was whole range. Don't kid yourself with the Tottenham thing. Perhaps they buy the products as a customer?

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
I know a couple of their reps and they are trying to get into golf in a bigger way rather than out of it, so I think it might have been a sport specific thing you heard.

Some good reviews on here.

mouth

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would however be interested in their footwear offer. When I was in the States a couple of years ago I bought a couple of pairs of runners and they're really comfortable and seem to have lasted ages.