Under Armour Shoes - thoughts?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I bought a pair of UA shoes half price in a sale, great deal so why not. They were a decent fit and seemed comfortable enough.

Having worn them twice now I don't really find them that comfortable in the sole/footbed area. Don't feel like they give much cushioning when walking and get more and more uncomfortable the longer you walk.

It's hard to explain as they're clearly a well made shoe. Just not really suitable/compatible with my Cinderella feet!!!

Anyone else got a brand theater just doesn't fit or feel right on them?

Guess I should stick to what I know in future.

D

Deleted member 15344

Speaking to a rep last year and they believe their shoes should be built more for stability as a priority as opposed to comfort . Tried a few of their models and didn’t like any of them

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I bought a pair of UA shoes half price in a sale, great deal so why not. They were a decent fit and seemed comfortable enough.

Having worn them twice now I don't really find them that comfortable in the sole/footbed area. Don't feel like they give much cushioning when walking and get more and more uncomfortable the longer you walk.

It's hard to explain as they're clearly a well made shoe. Just not really suitable/compatible with my Cinderella feet!!!

Anyone else got a brand theater just doesn't fit or feel right on them?

Guess I should stick to what I know in future.
What is your usual brand of choice? I tried them on and found hem a little large on sizing. Not played any golf with them. Would an insole provide more comfort if the sizing is good?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Speaking to a rep last year and they believe their shoes should be built more for stability as a priority as opposed to comfort . Tried a few of their models and didn’t like any of them

That would maybe explain what I'm trying to say. Clearly a well made shoe even the leather is good quality. Just feel a little firm and "harsh" when walking.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
What is your usual brand of choice? I tried them on and found hem a little large on sizing. Not played any golf with them. Would an insole provide more comfort if the sizing is good?

Skechers and I found the opposite in UA and went up half a size!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've a couple of mates who really like them but I've always found them too narrow for me.
Until a year ago I would have said that Adidas as they were always too narrow until I came upon the Powerband Boa Boost. They are such a comfortable shoe with a wide toe area that I don't think I've ever had a more comfortable pair of shoes.
This may be controversial but I've never found a pair of Ecco that worked for me. All the pairs I've tried, the leather bites into my foot just behind the toes.
Mind you I'm VERY fussy when it comes to golf shoes. Comfort and Function over form every time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

That would maybe explain what I'm trying to say. Clearly a well made shoe even the leather is good quality. Just feel a little firm and "harsh" when walking.

Yep that’s exactly it - a lot of work gone into the bottom of the shoe as opposed to the mould. Even their spikeless ones don’t have much give in them

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Oddly, my shoes of choice are Sketchers (3 pairs) and UA (2 pairs). I find both comfortable, but prefer to play medals in my UA because they feel more structured.

Wolf

Visit site
Under Armour definitely err on the side of function and stability when it comes to footwear. Their gym shoes are the same superb for training in for stability but try wearing them out the gym to walk in after I find like you have they don't feel great.

Golf shoe wise Nike is the same for me, I have literally dozens of pairs of their trainers for work and so comfy, but I put their golf shoes on and my feet just hurt.

Adidas shoes for me have given best comfort, fit and support as an overall on the course.

Visit site
Had a couple of pairs of the UA Tour Tempo Hybrids. Superb shoe, leather is top quality. Took one round to supple the tongue up and felt like the most supportive shoe I’d had until... I got my FJ Oro SL’s, which are just a touch more comfortable and seem a tad more stable when hitting anything full whack.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have a pair of UA shoes and completely understand what you mean. I do find them comfortable, no issues in wearing them for 18 holes but they are not a soft comfy shoe like sketchers.

The base of the shoe is so firm, its like rock solid plastic. I also find they leave big spike marks on the greens which my other shoes did not. Another thing is the material on the inside, it like grips your sock as you put your foot in and pulls it very tight. Felt very strange the first few times putting them on but soon got used to it.

mister v

Visit site
I bought a pair of nike lunar control 2 shoes about 4 years ago and they fitted my hoofs so well and were so comfy that i went out and bought 2 more pairs, ive got some Ecco's biom that are fantastic but also some ecco cage spikeless that im not that impressed with. Adidas i had a set where the heal wore through so quickly that it was an obvious manufacturing problem as id read lots of reviews where people had the same problem, footjoys have been really good and i've worn the soles out while the uppers have been in mint condition.
I have more golf shoes than i should have really

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Like the look of them, but never worn or tried them. I generally have adidas, nike, puma and footjoys.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have 1 pair of Nike boa, 1 UA boa and 1 puma boa
All very comfortable for sure

But then I use my own insoles

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last year I ordered a pair of Adidas Adipure golf shoes. When I tried them on they just felt really rigid, like they were lined with metal or something - not like I expected at all. Sent them back and ended up buying some Footjoys instead, which are extremely comfortable.

Edit: My other pair are a pair of Callaways that are also really comfortable, but they honestly wore out within about 6 months, and I only play once a week. The sole has come away slightly, the top of the toe scratches through the leather really easily, the fabric inside has all torn. Won't be buying Callaway shoes again.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I got a pair of Adidas power boost they’re like slippers real comfy to wear and have weathered very well and still waterproof after two years hard use can’t fault it .

I have been fancying a pair of the UA speith gortex shoes though last years model I see for about £100 they worth the coin?anyone know for some good deals on shoes at the moment I’m looking for a new pair for this coming season to give my Adidas and fj hyperflex a bit of rest (I like to rotate )

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The thing I don't like about the recent UA shoes is the cloth bits. I like clean shoes. I clean my shoes after every round. This cloth bit looks like it will get grubby. Not for me.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Under Armour definitely err on the side of function and stability when it comes to footwear. Their gym shoes are the same superb for training in for stability but try wearing them out the gym to walk in after I find like you have they don't feel great.

Golf shoe wise Nike is the same for me, I have literally dozens of pairs of their trainers for work and so comfy, but I put their golf shoes on and my feet just hurt.

Adidas shoes for me have given best comfort, fit and support as an overall on the course.

Snap re the Nike fit in trainers and golf shoes.

Ecco the first choice for me.