Typical..... new putter arrives... old putter finds form.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
a mate of mine isnt going to be available to play over the christmas period so with that in mind we ventured out to royal ashdown for he's last hack of the year.

A medium start in wet and cold conditions saw me one over hc at the turn with 17 points and +7, not great golf but pretty consisitent, but was was apparent was the fact that the old putter which i have struggled with all year was about as hot as it gets. Ok, 1 shot down lets see what the back 9 brings

10 par
11 par
12 par
13 par
14 par
15 par
16 par..

*At this point my mindset changed.... level par after 7.... 2 holes to go... could i shoot the first level par back 9 of the year... NOPE... melted like a snowman on a sun bed,

17, great drive in awesome position, missed the green by 2 foot with 9 iron from 110 yards, chip, lipped the putt +1

18, drive down the left, blocked from the green, crap lay up, but still on the front of the green for 3 but around 25ft from the pin, lag putt, lipped 5ft'er and its now a bogey, double bogey finish.

Absolutely gutted but still 2 under hc and a nice 38point finish ....

now the worst but... that hot putter.... for a few months ive been struggling with the centre shafted rossa and recently secomed to new-shiny sindrome and blew part of my christmas allowance on a nice shiny new rife abaco rainbow series putter, it arrived yesturday, and now... yes now the rossa decides to become hot, Im now in a major predicament... keep the rossa and punt the rife back on... or accept it was just a good day and junk the rossa.

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had the same today with my Odyssey. It knows its on its way out so all of a sudden started behaving today. I hate this game sometimes.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a Ping Anser in the naughty bag at the moment and the odyssey #9 is replacing it rather welll. However someone mentione the Spider Ghost somewhere on here last night which got me thinking how well I'd putted with the Itsy Spider when I first got that before I weaned myself back onto a bladed putter again. However with the handicap going up and the game in tatters I'm not above vanity and would use a branding iron (not much difference in looks to the spider) if it got the ball in the hole. I keep looking at the Ping Anser milled range too.

The more sensible HOmer thinks the Anser and the Odyssey is more than enough putter armoury but the magpie in me keeps thinkking about a shiny new flat stick. Not a fan of the rainbow Rife personally or the Rife in general but again thats subjective to me