Two quick questions...

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
But Spieth (or my PP in my case) must touch the club to pick it up again... thus hand, club and bunker are in contact at the same time... breech?
If the exception to 13-4 allows a player to place a club in a bunker, how would you expect him to pick it up?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
But Spieth (or my PP in my case) must touch the club to pick it up again... thus hand, club and bunker are in contact at the same time... breech?

as well as Rulefan's eloquent logic in his response, you might also like to consider the situation of removing a rake (as an example) where hand touches sand, or removing a rake with a club and the club head comes into contact with the sand. None of these are penalties.

with regard to the first part of your question, there's one other interesting scenario that is worth mentioning. If your playing partner had played first to his position, and you had subsequently created the pitchmark, as discussed many times he would be able to repair the pitchmark before playing. In such a situation I don't believe you would then be required to rebuild it before you played, it just becomes a positive facet of 'rub of the green' for you.

Last edited: