Turkish Open

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just watched Detry mark his ball, he lifted ball then gave the ground a small prod with his ball it was next to nothing but possible shouldn’t have done it.

All on the last hole for Rose and Li

Wolf

Visit site
Been a good tournament to watch except for the loud prayer horn things going off.
All on the last hole if Rose wins it's world No1 again for him

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Interesting playoff , Confidence shown by Li to take the aggressive approach with driver off the tee and Rose adopting the more cautious approach with the 3 wood, superb bunker shot by Rose first time round.

But what poor putting by both to finish just shows what nerves can do, Credit to Rose for getting to number one again.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Didn't watch as much as I wanted to but caught the closing holes, Rose very magnanimous in his interview just moments after wining the play off. He may not be one of the characters of the worlds elite but I'd be very happy if I was drawn in his 4-ball

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Watched the drama unfold in the clubhouse. Great atmosphere as a load of our members had played it earlier in the year and were raving about the place. Good to see Rose back to number one

Shame it will only be for 1 week.
The way the OWGR work BK will be back at #1 next Monday:(

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched the drama unfold in the clubhouse. Great atmosphere as a load of our members had played it earlier in the year and were raving about the place. Good to see Rose back to number one
I’ve played it twice and will be playing it again next year. One of my favourite courses anywhere in the world. And the sun is always shining. Shame we don’t get to play off the roof of the villa though.

boyatthebay

Hacker
Visit site
Great course played it 3 times and this year we just went up on top of the villa, there was no one around so just went for it. Heard Sky commentators speaking about playing at night and
how much fun it would be. Tried it and yes ok for a one off and novelty factor, but all the lights do is bring out all the bugs and next morning you are covered in bites. Belek is a fantastic golf resort and I would recommend it to anyone, especially those who normally go to Spain/Portugal. Give it a go, you won't regret it.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Rose definitely got away with one there.

Obviously winning is difficult and Haotong Li just couldn't get over the line, effectively handing the trophy to Rose.

You would like to think that someone who has been as good as Rose has been over the last couple of years would have gotten a bit more of a killer instinct. Having made the birdie on 16 to regain the lead, he should have been pressing on - but in the end Li had what should have been a straightforward 2 putt to win on the 72nd hole.

And not wanting to be hyper critical of Rose, I'm a fan of his, but you feel he really needs to get another major in his locker while he is in this period of being in the form of his life. Definitely think he is putting too much pressure on himself in that regard. He's pretty much in contention every week he plays, so just has to relax and it's likely to take care of himself.

Absolutely no reason why Rose couldn't win any of the majors next season. Potentially all sites would be suitable for him and if they are that bit trickier, then it will take a good chunk of the field out of play from the start.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Shame it will only be for 1 week.
The way the OWGR work BK will be back at #1 next Monday:(

Shocking. Neither Rose or Koepka will play this week yet the latter will rise to no. 1. If I was Rose I'd tee it up at Nedbank just to ensure he retains the spot.