Turkey Golf Trip

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We stay at the Serene which is attached to the Sultan and Pasha courses each of which we play twice, but also play the Montgomerie and Carya. In the past we have played National and Titanic. Speak to Bilyana, they are very helpful.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The Sueno hotel. It would be nice to play a couple of other courses.
The Sueno owns the Pines and Dunes courses. I've never stayed there so can't comment on the hotel. Have played the Pines (once), many years ago. It was the first course I ever played in Turkey, and the thing I remember was that it had very undulating fairways, liable to kick your ball in all sorts of weird directions, AND it had lots of trees ready to receive said weird bounces. Have never felt the urge to play it again.

If you're going to stay at a hotel and play only their courses, my personal favourite is the Sirene, which has two very nice courses. The Sultan is a genuinely magnificent championship course, and the Pasha is a nice resort course that won't beat you up. Even if you're not staying at the Sirene, I'd definitely recommend playing the Sultan.

Other courses I know that are worth playing are the Carya and the Montgomerie. Many people rate the National, but I didn't much like it. The Lykia is an interesting course but it's the other side of a river and takes about 40 mins to get to.

As others have said, there really isn't a bad course in Belek.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
One of my regular PPs is currently at the Sueno. I'll be seeing him Tuesday, so if you bump this then, I'll get the lowdown on the hotel and courses.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You need to play the Carya in the daylight to really appreciate it. Floodlight golf is ok if you know the course already but I wouldn’t pay lots of money to play a course under lights. If you were a member there and it meant you could get a game after work then great, but I’d give the night golf a miss.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
If you get a chance, try to play Carya at night under the lights. It is fantastic!

Dz6hAbH.jpg
I love the classic pull trolleys. We only have the push ones now and I hate them.
Of course, at my age, I usually ride so it's not an issue. But I don't like the modern push trolleys at all.
The only place you still occasionally see pull trolleys are the rental ones at courses.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love the classic pull trolleys. We only have the push ones now and I hate them.
Of course, at my age, I usually ride so it's not an issue. But I don't like the modern push trolleys at all.
The only place you still occasionally see pull trolleys are the rental ones at courses.

Apparently, pull trolleys are bad for your back and shoulder.
Pushing is a much healthier alternative.

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just back yesterday from a week at Gloria Golf Hotel and would thoroughly recommend.

Hotel was excellent, the three golf courses as well, Old, New and Verde. Although on same piece of land they all had different feels and would guess a lot of people discount the Verde as only 9 holes but most of us felt it was possibly the most fun and interesting of the three.

Think it may be a little more expensive than Sueno where the last trip was but those who went on both thought Gloria was a couple of leagues above and worth it.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just bumping this rudebhoy. Would be great to hear if your PP enjoyed the sueno and it's courses.

Had a quick chat with him yesterday (wasn't playing with him).

They had a great time and he loved the courses, thought they were of a higher standard than where we played before (Nobilis and Titanic). He said the hotel was better than the Titanic, but the food wasn't great. However they had the option to eat and drink in the sister hotel next door (Seuno Deluxe) which they did most nights.

I'm meant to be playing with him on Saturday so I might get a bit more detail then.