Turkey Golf Trip

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is late September/ early October a good time weather wise for a Turkey golf trip?
Also, are buggies essential at all courses or any walkable if you get an early start?

Depends on temperature.
Courses all tend to be quite long, resort style courses so big walks greens to tees which in the heat of summer can be gruelling, even early in the day.

Early Oct will see mid/high 20’s so you just have to decide if thats doable for you on those long walks.

Ones I can think of with “reasonable” walls would be the three 9 loops at the National GC and Gloria Old (except the 3rd to the 4th which is a bit of a trek) and a few holes on the Pasha at the PGA complex.

If the buggies are cheap or included, take them would be my advice.

IanMcC

Visit site
Take some lira as well as Euros. Lira are good for tipping as you can give a wad without breaking the bank.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Is late September/ early October a good time weather wise for a Turkey golf trip?
Also, are buggies essential at all courses or any walkable if you get an early start?
A lot of courses do overseeing of the fairways in Sept/Oct and buggies are banned while it's going on. You need to pick carefully which courses you book if you want to avoid that.

Another thing: the only time I got bitten to death by insects playing in Turkey was in October.

www.hiltonpark.net
Thanks everyone. Would mid September be a better time? We're pretty flexible on timing apart from mid Oct.
I was only asking about walking as I like to walk but not bothered if it's a pain.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I’m thinking of a trip to Turkey, would be with Family, so would need somewhere with decent things for them to do whilst I get two or three rounds in, any decent hotels that may work?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m thinking of a trip to Turkey, would be with Family, so would need somewhere with decent things for them to do whilst I get two or three rounds in, any decent hotels that may work?
All the hotels in Belek have decent pool areas and many are along the coast with access to the beach. I've not examined what other facilities they have but seem to recall noticing things like ping pong tables and tennis courts.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
We went in May and it was far too hot to walk. It was in the high 20s/ low 30s.
+1
We usually go in early May and even in a buggy you need lots of water. Carrying a bag would be an ordeal.
The couple of times we went in October was a few years back, but I seem to remember that it was about the same temperature as May.

AliMc

Visit site
Three of our guys are there just now, in Belek I think, as part of a party of 20, tipping it down with rain today apparently

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
if you go to Belek then there’s not much to do outside of the hotels other than Golf. The Titanic is a massive hotel and I think it has a water park attached to it and also lots of different pools and areas to lounge. There is also has a 20 min walk alongside the river (or you can take a free water taxi or golf buggy ride) that takes you down to the beach facilities. I think they also do horse riding there. All the hotels are to a good spec and the food is amazing at them all. If you like eating then expect to come home heavier than when you went. ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
if you go to Belek then there’s not much to do outside of the hotels other than Golf. The Titanic is a massive hotel and I think it has a water park attached to it and also lots of different pools and areas to lounge. There is also has a 20 min walk alongside the river (or you can take a free water taxi or golf buggy ride) that takes you down to the beach facilities. I think they also do horse riding there. All the hotels are to a good spec and the food is amazing at them all. If you like eating then expect to come home heavier than when you went. ?

There's the Land of Legends Theme Park, 10 minutes in a cab from Belek, it also has a 5 star hotel on site, would be a great base if your kids like that sort of thing.

Most hotels will have a full programme of activities during the day.

I've stayed at the Titanic. It seems more geared to golfers, there were loads when we were there, and it has it's own golf course (27 holes iirc). If I was going with family, I'd stay at the Voyage, or at one of the better hotels on Lara Beach which is 10 mins from Belek, and has a long strip of shops/bars/restaurants. Belek shopping centre is rubbish, I'd avoid that.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
March/April for us and we always walk with push trollies. We do however try to get early tee times before it gets too hot.
Good point that I'd missed. My wife hates getting up early so our tee times are around 11am. Mad Dogs and Englishmen, as they say.

www.hiltonpark.net
What are the Dunes and Pines like as courses? We're looking to play 6 rounds whilst out there and Bilyana have come back with 3 and 3 at those 2. Would like to be a wider variety of courses if I'm honest.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
What hotel are you staying at? The reason I ask, is that hotels are attached to specific courses so it will be easier for the travel company just to book the relevant courses. Personally I haven't played the courses you mention so cannot comment, but over the years I haven't played a bad course in Turkey, but some are better than others!

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What are the Dunes and Pines like as courses? We're looking to play 6 rounds whilst out there and Bilyana have come back with 3 and 3 at those 2. Would like to be a wider variety of courses if I'm honest.

played both of those and really enjoyed them, I would look to see if you can get two on each and maybe two other courses as well because there is so many great ones out there.