Trump National stripped of 2022 US PGA

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I have played 3 Trump courses, 2 of which weren't at the time. Doral, in Miami, reminded me of The Brabazon, a long and not very enjoyable slog, but with palm trees. Pinehill, now Trump National Phailadephia, is a pretty nice course in the hills of New Jersey near Pine Valley. Trump bought it after it collapsed in the financial crisis a while back. Trump National LA, near Long Beach, was the venue for one of the golf reality shows. It is a very unimpressive course, an 18 hole crammed into a space too small for it, with some vulgar adornments like the ubiquitous waterfall added.

They can crop up anywhere. ;)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think whatever Trump is associated with will become political. There's no avoiding that, especially now. The PGA and R&A don't want to become targets or embroiled in the chaos that is going to ensue. I know by making that decision they are getting involved, but it's better to have that than mass protests at events. Look what happened when Trump visited the UK and I think it was turnberry that had protesters turn up.
I've worked plenty of protests for various locations that are associated with one way or another to something politically charged and it's messy. If I were head of PGA/R&A Security I'd be advising this to avoid having to plan for mitigation later on.

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This is why I hate politics been brought into sport. It has no place for it I like my golf, I don’t want to be reminded every time I turn the tv on about what’s going on in the USA. I couldn’t give a damn The government over here are just as bad